Where can I get Cheap White Wall Tires??

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' date='27 April 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1272416845' post='296804']

So get some cheapies to practice on :D

Totally what Redeye said! I practiced on a bald one. And it is pretty hard to mess up. The other thing is that you can get 4 junk yard tires with good tread for as little as $40 (mine cost $50). This is about the cheapest way on the planet to get wide whites.

How cheap do you wanna be is the question. I was in your shoes 3 months ago and decided to just get some real ones. I went with COKER's Classic bias ply instead of radials wich are supposed to handle crappy compared to the radials but i dont drive fast or hard. I paid $525 for a set of L28-15 - they are compared to 255/75/15 theyre big and are gonna go on my 56 Caddy. I think you can get a set from the for about $100 a tire. They come wrapped real tight so you gotta find a special shop that can install them . I paid another $45 for mounting and balancing so keep that in mind

But they look real nice!

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

Don't know if they still offer them but Sears Roebuck used to offer radial tires molded in the old forms with wide white walls original treads and "original" tire sizes. Ask your local Sears store if they are still available as special order.

My latest purchase I made just this week was 4 tires (155/80r13) for $169 for 4 tires, plus $80 for shipping. These are standard skinny WW radials that have had the blackwall cut and buffed. However, the widest you could go was 1.25 Inch WW. Since nissan (and the tire industry) was moving to a mid-sized white wall in the mid 1960's, I went for the following:

ww.jpg

You can buy from these guys:

1.25 White Wall