sr20det 77' 620

vegas_datsun

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok heres pics of the tranny and engine mounts and a top view of the turbo where it sits to the firewall and brake booster if it were to stay lhd

here where the shifter sits in the stock hole

IMG_1229.jpg

this is what it woudl look like if you had the cover the stock way

IMG_1230.jpg

this is how i have mine i just flipped it around and it lines up and fits nicely

IMG_1228.jpg

driver side motor mount

IMG_1231.jpg

passenger side mount

IMG_1232.jpg

top view

IMG_1234.jpg

turbo side top view

IMG_1235.jpg

view from underneath even if the bar went straight accross and not drop it would clear the oil pan

IMG_1233.jpg

4 link came in . heres a quick pic havent started putting it in yet

IMG_1237.jpg

new member of the house. a buddies o6 sti. gotta strip it down and all the parts are going into a 03 bug eye. since he totalled it. lady cut him off and front end went bye bye

IMG_1238.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That seems pretty inefficient, but then again I'm new to shit subject! What kind of numbers am I looking at for a perfectly sealed system?

Thanks!

#1. the stock ka tranny is the same as an sr and hardbody. They are good to around 400ft lbs. If you go bigger, the z32 trans in near undestructable. Mazworx sells the adapter kit for sr20.

#2. The ka and sr will hold about the same amount of power before they pop which is around the 400-425whp range. The ka has a much stronger block though being cast iron versus the sr having an alumi um block with floating cylinders like a Honda motor.

#3. Rear mount turbo systems suck balls because of the heat energy lost through the 8ft of pipe going to the turbine housing. They are normally used on cars with super cramped engone bays like newer vettes. A 2871 disco will make plenty of power for that truck and not grenade the bottom end.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My bad. I've reglected te 620 for a bit. Got side track with buddies projects. No new things

Done to it since last update. Just sold my bike so have a good chunk of money to throw into

The truck again. Harness is going to a local shop to get cut and rewired to do a wire tuck.

Just ordered new cams and valvetrain for the sr. Can't wait to get going again. Hated seeing it sitting in my garage unfinished

. Will have pics and updated when I get parts in and installed

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Wait, so just to be clear. The SR20 bolted to the stock motor mounts, and the body of the KA tranny bolted right up too?

I've got a '77 620 that I was thinking about putting a KA in but they're getting hard to find for a fair price so I started looking into an SR swap and found your thread.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I think that most people GREATLY underestimate the cost of a swap. All the nickle & dime crap adds up really really fast. 

Yea....After reading this thread and a lot of other threads...seems like people give up on the builds.

• Like 1