in the wall rim and tire place. 150bucks

-got my top mount manifold ,turbo, tail wastegate

-ordering coilover and rear disk brackets from

beebani

- ordered the coil overs

- talking with greggie about some rhd parts

- taking the truck to a friends house to get a four

link set up in the rear end

- interior is completely out, sanding down the rust to see what exactly i gotta fix on the body

. so far its going good

got a lil in a rush cuz i have a show on the 22 of may going on. only two weeks to get everythign done.

gonna be alot of all nighters. and 28th show in so cal.

will have pics up tomorrow

• Like 1

Where did you get the rims from?

i mexican rim and tire place by my house. im going to check other too for more turbines. and hopefully can get the for cheap price and get them sold to other ratsun members for hella cheap as well

• Like 1

truck is getting loaded up and off to buddy house. for major body work, 4 link, paint.

orderd a alluminum 3 row radiator and greddy intake manifold today.

hopefully greggie get back to me soon about the rhd parts so i can start the conversion.

• Like 1

Truck looks like it's coming along nicely. I wish I would've noticed this thread a while back. I would've told ya about the LHD issue with getting the SR in there and not having any room.

I read through the whole build on here and was gonna chime in on a few things. The factory bottom end of the SR will hold well over 400rwhp. But you will need to do some top-end work. New metal head gasket, injectors, springs and retainers, cams, etc,. But by now I'm sure you're aware of that.

Also there's a guy on ebay that's selling a plate kit that allows you to add a wilwood master cylinder for the brakes. I don't know how well this works. I only heard of it through a friend.

As far as the remote turbo location for the L16, you would have to cut the exhaust in half, weld a bracket on that, mount your turbo and then continue your exhaust out the back of the A/R housing. Then you have to run all your plumbing from the compressor-out to the intercooler. Usually, the more plumbing you have the more lag you're gonna get. Now you can eliminate some of that by using as much solid piping as you can with the least amount of couplers. This will cut down on flex and expansion. But still, your turbo has to put all of that air volume under pressure before seeing any real results to the ground. Air compresses, and the more of it you have to compress the longer it's going to take to get to you're end result. Therefore resulting in lag. If you have a medium sized turbo with a smaller AR housing you can spool faster and cut down on lag, but you will sacrifice power to spool quicker.

Did you make it to the show on the 22nd? You had a lot of work ahead of you. Tough deadline to make. I originally thought my project was maybe a month or two. I was a little wrong. A year and a half later I drove it out of the garage. :)

Truck looks like it's coming along nicely. I wish I would've noticed this thread a while back. I would've told ya about the LHD issue with getting the SR in there and not having any room.

I read through the whole build on here and was gonna chime in on a few things. The factory bottom end of the SR will hold well over 400rwhp. But you will need to do some top-end work. New metal head gasket, injectors, springs and retainers, cams, etc,. But by now I'm sure you're aware of that.

Also there's a guy on ebay that's selling a plate kit that allows you to add a wilwood master cylinder for the brakes. I don't know how well this works. I only heard of it through a friend.

As far as the remote turbo location for the L16, you would have to cut the exhaust in half, weld a bracket on that, mount your turbo and then continue your exhaust out the back of the A/R housing. Then you have to run all your plumbing from the compressor-out to the intercooler. Usually, the more plumbing you have the more lag you're gonna get. Now you can eliminate some of that by using as much solid piping as you can with the least amount of couplers. This will cut down on flex and expansion. But still, your turbo has to put all of that air volume under pressure before seeing any real results to the ground. Air compresses, and the more of it you have to compress the longer it's going to take to get to you're end result. Therefore resulting in lag. If you have a medium sized turbo with a smaller AR housing you can spool faster and cut down on lag, but you will sacrifice power to spool quicker.

Did you make it to the show on the 22nd? You had a lot of work ahead of you. Tough deadline to make. I originally thought my project was maybe a month or two. I was a little wrong. A year and a half later I drove it out of the garage. smile.gif

i will check on ebay for the kit. im actually goign rhd with it. just waiting to hear back from a guy abou tthe dash and steering box.

the show. lol unfortinatlly i made i tot the show just not with the truck. i was though a little sad to see no datsuns but at teh same time a bit excited. means ill hopefully have the only built on it vegas.

progress on the truck is slow but sure. got alot of the seems welded up on the body. going to make everything smooth. just got my rear disk brackets and coil over brackets in yesterday so cant wait to start that part either.

only thing ive bought for the valves would be the greddy rocker arms stoppers. i dont plan on making too much power. thanks for all the info youve gave me

i will check on ebay for the kit. im actually goign rhd with it. just waiting to hear back from a guy abou tthe dash and steering box.

the show. lol unfortinatlly i made i tot the show just not with the truck. i was though a little sad to see no datsuns but at teh same time a bit excited. means ill hopefully have the only built on it vegas.

progress on the truck is slow but sure. got alot of the seems welded up on the body. going to make everything smooth. just got my rear disk brackets and coil over brackets in yesterday so cant wait to start that part either.

only thing ive bought for the valves would be the greddy rocker arms stoppers. i dont plan on making too much power. thanks for all the info youve gave me

Yea thats why I went RHD when we did the SR in mine. If you're not use to driving RHD it's a little weird at first but you'll get use to it pretty quick. It's just hard to remember to stay in your lane. :P I've got an 88' Toyota Soarer GT TT thats RHD that I've been driving for a while so I was already use to it a bit.

Keep us updated on the build. Lots of pictures are my favorite. I like to look instead of read. :)

coil overs in ans assembled.

DSCF2139.jpg

have rear disk brackets here along wiht thr front coil brackets. just waiting on more 4 link parts to come in.

motor is getting new freeze plugs. and debatting if i wanna tub the rear or not. what yall think?

does anyone have info on doing a sr swap in the 620? i seen the thread with the guy that did the 240 cross member but i dont wanna go that route with the install. so far the motor bolts to the stock mounts but sits a little high in the rear. looks like i might have to cut or hammer the firewall up some to get it to fit. if anyone has info it would be greatly appreciated

i want to do the same to my 620 did the sr20 realy bolt right in with no cuting or welding? is it a sr20det

• 3 weeks later...

i want to do the same to my 620 did the sr20 realy bolt right in with no cuting or welding? is it a sr20det

sorry took so long been away at schooling in utah. yes is it a sr20det. using the stock mount brackets i bolted it up

to the 620's stock rubber one. it fit nice.

i wonder if BEEBANI has any aspirations of making brackets for a big brake kit......imagine some 13" rotors up front :)

i have my eye on an SR20DET on ebay right now, it will be my next purchase, but im not gonna go for higher HP to an extreme, although it would be awesome to break the tires loose on the freeway :)

so you are using the KA tranny with the SR bell? what was the reason for that?

also which rear end are planning on running?

sr bell housig with ka tranny, the sr came with a s13 bell and s15 6 speed, but the 6 speed tends to break

around 300plus hp. i had the ka tranny sitting from when i pulled th eka out of my truck.

the motor and tranny combo was the same length of the ka so i wouldnt need to make a new drive shaft

either. gearing in the ka tranny are nicer too for drag and 5th gear is fun on the highway

sr bell housig with ka tranny, the sr came with a s13 bell and s15 6 speed, but the 6 speed tends to break

around 300plus hp. i had the ka tranny sitting from when i pulled th eka out of my truck.

the motor and tranny combo was the same length of the ka so i wouldnt need to make a new drive shaft

either. gearing in the ka tranny are nicer too for drag and 5th gear is fun on the highway

so you are using the stock rear end?

im only asking because im doing the same build, just not going for the high HP number you are going for as mine will be my commuter

My bad. Yeah for now its stock. Imma see how much it will handle before it goes out. I might wled the diff too

How is your build going so far.?

my build hasnt really started yet, im still working on getting the registration put into my name, once thats done im picking up the engine/tranny/wiring ect.

im just concerned cause mine is a 73 and considering my stock L16 has what 80hp :)

my build hasnt really started yet, im still working on getting the registration put into my name, once thats done im picking up the engine/tranny/wiring ect.

im just concerned cause mine is a 73 and considering my stock L16 has what 80hp :)

true true. the factory rearend held up to the ka that was in there. i think as long as not putting too much stress on it all the time it shoudl be good

• 3 months later...

Can I get an update on this please? I'm floored by how many people have done this before, i was expecting only 1 or 2 ever.

I'm still doing the bodywork on mine before i get to messing with the swap, it's been too damn hot here in Texas to do that, but fall is coming now.

I'm keeping mine LHD, anything that I should watch out for?

Thank you!