Green 620

Well,here I go again. Today I got yet another 620. I'm already doing a frame-up resto on a yellow one,but I wanted to have a beater. I found this one on CL for $200 and it looked like a good deal. It was located in Mountain View AR,near Little rock. The owner said he bought it just for the engine to put in his late father's 510 goon.nice truck,but I didn't have a spare engine laying around. so I kind of forgot about it,and just looked around more. One day one CL, I found an L16 about an hour and a half from here in Ohio. The guy said he had taken it out of a 510 that was getting too rusty,but it ran good when he took it out-Yeah right.

Made some phone calls,paid some money. A friend of mine had an engine hoist to let me use and a little trailer to go get the engine.Took care of that.

Larry's Auto Shipping picked up the truck. It took about 3 weeks,but they were very reasonable. I got it today. The truck just barely fit on the trailer. The track is so narrow,he had to be careful or it would fall off the ramp towards the middle!. I spent today cleaning it up.found a few surprises.

100_0260.jpg

100_0256-1.jpg

Home at last!!!!!

green73_1.jpg

green73_2.jpg

green73_3.jpg

Here's the engine,still stuck.

2683613300084706660RuCMRy_ph.jpg

green73_4.jpg

green73_5.jpg

green73_int.jpg

Some uninvited guests had left their trash.

green73_nuts.jpg

green73_cap.jpg

green73_10.jpg

Not much rust except for the driver's side floor pan.

green73_9.jpg

green73_7.jpg

Couldn't figure out what the hubcaps were from,then I figured out they were from a Courier. Don't look bad,but there's only 2! The others are Datsun.

Thats' enough for now,more updates later!

BTW,I really need a few parts. I need the fuel evaporation tank that goes up under the wheel well by the fuel filler. And I need the metal line that goes from the intake manifold to the power brake booster vacuum line. Anybody have one or can get me one?

Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic