Datsun 410 - where do you get parts?

Hi all.

First, are the 410 & 411 also good for this web site?

I have been considering a 1965 410 that needs restored. Where do you get parts for these? Typical restoration stuff: trim, lenses, seals, etc, etc. I was assuming that with the wonder of the web, combined with a growing interest in classic Datsuns, that someone would be supplying parts, but I have found nothing significant.

Is there any source in Japan at least? I would be shocked if there was no interest over there to restore these! Pretty sharp little cars.

(My background has been Brit & American old cars, so no shortage of parts there!)

Thanks.

mike

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

I have been considering a 1965 410 that needs restored. Where do you get parts for these? Typical restoration stuff: trim, lenses, seals, etc, etc. I was assuming that with the wonder of the web, combined with a growing interest in classic Datsuns, that someone would be supplying parts, but I have found nothing significant.

Is there any source in Japan at least? I would be shocked if there was no interest over there to restore these! Pretty sharp little cars.

(My background has been Brit & American old cars, so no shortage of parts there!)

Thanks.

mike

Look below in the parts section for Tana the Datsun Lady [Vindats], she has many 410 and 411 parts. Most 411 parts, except for lenses fit 410s. By the way, in Japan very little cars survive the 10 year mark. At 10 years the cars go through an annual inspection that would make a German inspect pale by comparison, so they are junked and the "40,000 mile Japanese engines" are sent to the US, or the whole car is shipped off to Vladivostok where they are infinitely more popular than new Ladas.

Hi all.

Thanks.

mike

hi Mike, this is Tana, the Datsun lady....I have a 1965 PL 410 that I have owned since 1976 and I even autocross raced it for 5 years. I have been collecting parts since then and usually have a few extra to sell. vindats@yahoo.com

First off, fill out the Location in your member profile. Makes it a whole lot easier to assist you.

Prepare to be shocked. The simple answer is NO. To elaborate, unlike roadsters, 510, Z, etc, there are no vendors that support the 410/411. There are some ebay sellers that have some parts.

Some parts are still in the Nissan system though most Nissan dealers don't know the car ever existed.

Some parts interchange with other Datsuns (320/520/521 trucks, roadsters (310/311), and 510), but it takes some digging into the parts manuals.

Auto parts store databases will frequently give you the wrong part.

Tana Bryan (who answered above) and Carl Hockett (on the EarlyDatsunClub Yahoo Group) are the only two folks who can sometimes help get parts when no one else can.

I figure roughly 10,000 410/411 vehicles were imported to the US between 1964-67. AFAIK, not a lot of 'em survived.

Not trying to discourage you, but better to know now than later.

Thanks for the heads up. I am in Michigan.

Aren't there any vendors in Japan supplying the restorers over there with parts? Anyone ever look into that? There is that dang language barrier of course. I find it amazing that I find less out there for these 410/411's than a NSU1200 or Citroen TA! "shocking" as one of you said. :)

The 410 I found is kinda rough, and I am assuming needs everything. Body is decent, and it is a 2-door (did not sell those here if I am correct). Interior soft bits were junk, but metal & painted bits looked decent. Havent seen under the hood. Missing some lenses. Maybe a good canidate for a resto-rod or rat-rod. :o

I'm gonna poke around it with the owner within the week - I'll let you know what I see. If I'm not interested, I'll post more details here for those of you who need another hole in the head like I do!

Mike

Aren't there any vendors in Japan supplying the restorers over there with parts?

None that I'm aware of. There's a handful of Thai (and maybe Taiwanese) vendors on eBay selling some weatherstripping, post-Apr '66 lenses, etc.

OK. Looked at it today. Not a stellar of a find that I was hoping.

4 door 410, 1200cc engine, manual tranny. Some minor/moderate rust here & there. Floors & sills decent. Interior soft bits are trashed. Repainted from a baby blue to now white. Has the "dash-and-dot" tail lamps, with the round lenses missing. Too much of a project for me. Allegedly he drove it 3 miles when he bought it 2 years ago.... We did not start it. Needed new coil.

He wants $600. It is in SE Michigan near Detroit Metro Airport. If anyone is interested, e-mail me and I'll give you contact info. I do not want to post it online.

(I will be out until 5/10, but I will check e-mail then)

Thanks, all.

Mike

jmg_lag(at)yahoo.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.