Yellow High Beams

Vegas

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way it was explained to me by the officer was if there is blue/red in a forward facing lamp you can be ticketed for it. those cheap ass blue colored bulbs make the housing look blue....

if u run a conversion bulb on it in the outer light that has hi/low in it and use the inner lights as filler and dont turn em on u cood prolly get away with red or blue, or any color for that matter

True...the light probably wouldn't be any more blue than what you are describing. But the tinted lens would still be blue enough to get a ticket.

And that is where I find the law dumb. Its not giving off blue light, so its hardly noticeable, you kinda have to look for it and on the proper car it would hide nicely.

I just have a hard time seeing the difference of a light that is colored blue, and a car that is painted blue... The light still gives off white light and only looks blue when off.

• 2 months later...

cheapest and most easiest way i know i have dont on all my cars and motorcycles

http://www.createforless.com/Krylon+Stained+Glass+Color+6+oz+Yellow/pid19973.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse

it lasts around a year with out fading, good stuff and you can get it for 10 bucks at craft stores, give it a try

• 9 months later...

just did mine last night. used Vitrea 160 stain glass paint availiable at micheals craft store and im sure most othets. tried it on a cup first without thinning it down, brushed it on and baked it at 325° f for 40 minutes. didnt like it, came out to thick. it was late and im impatient so i grabbed the wifes fingernail polish remover and thinned out the mix. tried it again and looked awsome. so i grabbed my high beams and painted them up. i used a foam brush to get more even coverage. 1 drawback to using this paint and method is that if you look really close ( 6-8 inches away) you can see tiny tiny brush stroke lines, but not a big deal to me. all in all turned out great and the highbeams are plenty bright and look pretty badass with the yellow. just thought of this if you used the whole 1.5 oz bottle and thinned it down i suppose you could dip the lights to get a more even coverage and not see any brush stroke lines.

• 2 months later...

do they make anything for yellow highs in a square variety?? contimplating for my 84 720, but dont think ive seen anything? wanting to do a four light H.I.D. , with yellow highs.. . jus a thought appreciate any insight !

Get low or go home

DId you read the thread at all?

Yellow glass spray paint

Yellow Lamin-x film

As far as HIDs, get like 3k for yellow... But dont run HIDs are Highs if you ever flash people, HIDs do not like being flashed.

• 4 weeks later...

@ laecaon, thank u for the insight, n the pictures of tha wagon build ROCK! i realize there has been several threads on this topic, but none specific to my questions... Was wanting to do a dual hid headlamp, hid lows, and highs... and have seen it done but have no answers on how to do that exactly... i do get whats beinb said bout the color of the hid and how to go bout doing that... although, after seeing ur lamps.... i like those alot! scheming on some ideas.... thanks