Vegas

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to the JY today searching for the Benz lenses, somebody smashed them ALL except one. F*&^%RS!!!

i fucking hate that go in there and spot a car that has what you need but some dickhead hit it with a hammer {/end rant}

• 2 weeks later...

A few reasons.

Mostly looks. Race cars often have yellow film over the headlights. It adds color to the front of the car.

But also on these quad round headlight cars you dont really need 4 highbeams, so people change them over to Mercedes sealed fog lights. SO insta fog lights.

Mostly looks. Race cars often have yellow film over the headlights. It adds color to the front of the car.

Actually race cars do it so if you are in a race with multiple classes and running at night, you can tell what class of car is behind you and if you need to let them pass. You will notice that all GT class cars at Le mans or in the ALMS series have yellow headlights.

it also gives depth, white light gives nop depth and for those with hids the bluer u go the less it gives, off road racers do it on there lights so they can tell how far away something is casue with white or superwhite/blue it all melts together

just a quick question does anyone know the reason behind doing the yellow lights? i do just wondering if anyone cares or if its just the look as opposed to the benifit of yellow light

The "scientific" reason is the you want maximum visibility at a far distance with the high beams and the human eye is most responsive to the color yellow. That's why Sodium Vapor lamps are so ubiquitous on highways and street lamps. The "real life" answer is that European cars [read Mercedes?] started this and it looks cool.

The human eye is least responsive to the color light green, it gives an illusion of more distance that real life and relieves the anxiety of being confined in closed spaces. That's why Nuclear submarines and ICBM launch capsules are painted light "grass" green.

The "scientific" reason is the you want maximum visibility at a far distance with the high beams and the human eye is most responsive to the color yellow. That's why Sodium Vapor lamps are so ubiquitous on highways and street lamps. The "real life" answer is that European cars [read Mercedes?] started this and it looks cool.

The human eye is least responsive to the color light green, it gives an illusion of more distance that real life and relieves the anxiety of being confined in closed spaces. That's why Nuclear submarines and ICBM launch capsules are painted light "grass" green.

your scientific reason was wat i meant just didnt know how to say it right

• 4 weeks later...

My local Volkswagen shop sells the Wink mirrors and the Louver covers. They are made by EMPI

EMPI part # for the mirror is 4580, and for the louvered cover, part # is 4611

All volkswagen shop carry EMPI products, so if you guys can find a VW shop in your area, im sure they can order it for you.

When i worked at my local VW shop 2 years ago, the mirrors were only like $25, and lover cover was like $12 may be slighlty higher now but not sure.

As long as 521 and 620 are same size - pretty sure they are.

hl.jpg

i think the yellow looks sweet id love to try it on my 411.......but if some people dont dig the yellow why not change the color too a redish or blue kinda thing. i think ima do that. vinly isnt that much and theres like 50 tint shops in a 1 mile radius practically where i live. so if it looks okay with vinly maybe theres a shot i can make some lenses at my school. :)

i think the yellow looks sweet id love to try it on my 411.......but if some people dont dig the yellow why not change the color too a redish or blue kinda thing. i think ima do that. vinly isnt that much and theres like 50 tint shops in a 1 mile radius practically where i live. so if it looks okay with vinly maybe theres a shot i can make some lenses at my school. :)

The cops aren't going to dig the blue or red....;)

The cops aren't going to dig the blue or red....;)

in cali all the lil imports have it..lol but that iss true..maybe purple..or pink..lol you can always experiment..if your just gonna use vinly tint..rip it off and try another color til you dont get hassled..lmoa :0

nothing but yellow or white is allowed to be displayed to the front of a vehicle...Federal V. code. If a cop see's your blue lenes in your housing he can give you a 24hr fix-it ticket. Meaning you have 24 hrs to fix it and if he see's it again, its a bigger ticket/fine. I wish they would start doing this for the stupid blue/pink/purple HID kits. Red/Blue is only allowed to be displayed to the front on emergency vehicles.

in cali all the lil imports have it..lol but that iss true..maybe purple..or pink..lol you can always experiment..if your just gonna use vinly tint..rip it off and try another color til you dont get hassled..lmoa :0

nothing but yellow or white is allowed to be displayed to the front of a vehicle...Federal V. code. If a cop see's your blue lenes in your housing he can give you a 24hr fix-it ticket. Meaning you have 24 hrs to fix it and if he see's it again, its a bigger ticket/fine. I wish they would start doing this for the stupid blue/pink/purple HID kits. Red/Blue is only allowed to be displayed to the front on emergency vehicles.

yeah i see where your coming from..good point..