my 72 1200 coupe

astro_ss_340

Went an bought this baby today for $100 have been going to buy it for the last 5 years but have been putting it off.

my1200.jpg

Bought these rims for it 2 weeks ago (4 of them are 13x5.5 inchers and the other 2 are 13x8 inchers with deep dish)

rockin13s.jpg

5inchdish.jpg

matchedset.jpg

Put my mags on it today when I got home from the city. Went there and bought 4 215/50r13's Bf Goodrich tires for $200 cash, brand new from a shop.

DSCF2741.jpg

DSCF2740.jpg

Now she is a bit rusty on the exterior..........but I can live with that for a while. People who put carpet from houses in cars should be slapped upside the head.................look what happened to the floor..................and as for the subframes..............ya gonna need to make new ones LOL Shocked Because they are pretty much non existant.

DSCF2744.jpg

I got her started too! Put new gas in the tank, primed her and she started up........had to prime it a few times before it would stay running. But what a little champ! Needs the clutch bled something fierce too as it is nonfunctional.

She sat a little low so I fabbed up some shackles and lifter her bum 2.5 inches.

DSCF2743.jpg

DSCF2742.jpg

But ya, she is finally home and that is the main thing. And I need some lower profile tires on the front I think.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first got my coupe it had been sitting for 10 plus years,,,little gas down the carby and a battery.....fired right up. Just gotta love the A motor. Have fun with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! For $100 I think you did fine. Sure she needs some patching, but you started with a great price! Isn't it funny how with Datsuns we often spend more money on tires that the whole car!

I'd love a 1200 for a daily!