97 KA wiring into 510

XeroX

lol no its not doing the same thing...

I mean, is there anything else i could check other than the wiring and the ignition??? Ive checked continuity on the stock fuze box (just incase christ himself managed to mess something up in there while this thing sat in my garage for 6 months) and everything is fine.

I have made sure every single connection is getting power when its supposed to.

My relay that goes straight to the harness just does not want to click on. I have tried running constant power to it to c if that makes a difference and nothing...I can get it to click and then trigger my FP and all that jazz but the car just doesnt want to start...no spark no fuel, just keeps turning and turning...

Lol i have even tried using a different set of relays that i had laying around just cause...

Ive plugged in the relays in about every arangment mathematically possible.

I even started reading the FSM tracing back half of the wiring thats listed to the F connector, I honestly only checked half just cause it was taking forever and there was really no difference at all...

Man i was super pissed last night...sorry for the cry baby bull shit but fuckin with 9 wires for this long gets really old...lol

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM FUCKING DONE WITH THIS STUPID POS..

I am not going to sell it, cause i have put way to much effort in at this point...

HOWEVER, i am fucking done touching the wiring on this thing....100 bucks if someone can come and humor me and wire it up for me...NO JOKE

I dont even care if its something as stupid as ONE wire...come and do it and i dont even want to have anything to do with it...seriously...

/thread

I live in so cal now :o

it shouldnt be that difficult :)

lol i know, i was just upset when i posted that...lol

Gota go back to it tonight and stare at it some more...

I know nothing about KA's and wiring but take a close look at your black with whites! Almost All black with whites go to the same relay yet a few go different places if it makes sense.....my vg wouldnt run with simple errors like that

Sorry to hear about that.

Thats whay I like L motors systems. I know Jeff(icehouse) can get it done. But as I always tell him, you aint going to be around forever and esp on the side Of the road helping me trouble shoot this thing.

Thats what AAA and a Benjamin is for....a tow to Seattle or Everett :)

Do you have the FSM diagram? Send it to me. There are 2 wires at the dizzy that need power a black with with and a black with red maybe.... Send me the diagram if you have it. I used to but not sure if I still do.

Do you have the FSM diagram? Send it to me. There are 2 wires at the dizzy that need power a black with with and a black with red maybe.... Send me the diagram if you have it. I used to but not sure if I still do.

I am assuming that your talking about the KA harness to the KA distributor right?

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/240sx/1997/

Thats the FSM that i used at one point, let me know if you need anything else and i can look for it.

Didn't Sean (WagDatto) just install a new KA in his wagon? Have you hit him up to help you out, I mean he's gotta be able to hook this up for you.

As a matter of fact he came over last night and tried to give me a hand. I walked him through what i have done and he was even pretty confused.

his brother used the whole s14 harness.

Doesnt everyone use the whole KA harness??? I am confused...

No just the engine harness

Well thats what i thought he meant...you dont really use the lower harness at all for anything...i dont c why anyone would even plug it in...or is there something else im not understanding...haha

Well Icehouse was able talk over my wiring over the phone and we worked together to test quite a few things...

Unfortunately its boiled down to me tearing into the KA harness and tracing all the wires.

Looks like im going to have to meticulously go through every wire to find the culprit. I will be trying to get a start on that tonight after work. ughhhh

• Like 1

jeff knows his shit glad he could help you out

Well unfortunately i still cant figure out how i had everything wired to get the car to start to begin with!

However when went thru everything I was getting 12v to the ECU, 12v to the injectors, and to the distributor. I checked continuity from all the grounds that go directly to the ECU and they all checked out. Still have no spark, and Fuel pump isn’t kicking on in the ON position for some reason…

Like I said I have to go through the harness and cross reference everything. But if anyone may have any ideas, PLEASE chime in…

I am def not looking forward to doing this :( but ill do whatever it takes at this point ughhh

• Like 1

That sucks we couldn't get it figured out.... Everything seemed to be hooked up right. Do you know anyone with a running 97? Maybe you could put your ECU in there car and make sure it still works. Just because to me it seems it should be running.

That sucks we couldn't get it figured out.... Everything seemed to be hooked up right. Do you know anyone with a running 97? Maybe you could put your ECU in there car and make sure it still works. Just because to me it seems it should be running.

Yes I agree!

I am in the works of trying to find someone with a 97 that’s local to me…cause I really am dreading the thought of tearing apart the harness if its something as easy as the ECU.

I really DOUBT it’s the ECU since I got the car to start before, but who knows…maybe while I was messing with the wiring I fried it?? I mean its not easy to fry an ECU…but you never know, its worth a shot!

One thing that I noticed last night was that when I was checking continuity on the thick black with red wire that plugs into the distributor was getting 12v when the key is in the ON position, but whats REALLY weird is that when I check continuity from that same wire to the block (ground) when the key is in the OFF position its grounded…WTF??!

That just doesn’t seem right to me…would someone check their plug (unplug it and probe black with red and test contact to the block/ground WITH THE KEY IN THE OFF POSITION) and let me know if your does the same thing…

Cause im getting FP, and I even tried new plugs last night thinking my others were just fouled…even with the new ones my injectors are firing but im getting NO spark whatsoever…

This is super weird shit...

I thought Koki and Zinky (spelled wrong I'm sure) where different. Maybe you could find that wiring diagram and see if the pinout is the same.

Yea i was going to check this weekend or tomoro night. I think it SHOULD work without any problems...we will c...

Any ideas on the Thick black with red wire on the distributor plug??

Well what a retarded journey! I plugged In a friends spare 95 5spd ecu and that shit fired right up...

I mean the ecu must have been semi fawked from the begining to even start...then probly just pooped out completely...all I can say was it was all very missleAding

Well I honestly think I can do this wiring with my fucking eyes shut in my sleep now tho haha