D6K8-12 dizzy on L20B - what vac advance do I need?

Hi all:

I have a problem. I've got a 1971 Datsun 510 wagon. It has a mix of parts from various Dats from 1969-1983. Most of the work was done by previous owners. Therefore, every time I go to work on it, I run into a mystery.

Here is the latest - I was getting some serious pinging under load - and upon testing the vacuum advance on the distributor, I found the diaphram is toast - it will hold no vacuum whatsoever.

So I figure it's as simple as grabbing the # off the distributor, and cross referencing that to a model... then look up a vacuum advance for that model.

The engine is an unknown L20B block with a A87 head.

First problem: The distributor number is D6K8-12. If I understand correctly, that's a 6 cylinder distributor. And I can't find and reference to the -12 variation. I'm assuming this is the Hitachi part number

2nd problem: The Nissan part number is 22100-Y7001. Since Nissan dizzy part numbers start with 22100, I know this is the Nissan part number... but no reference anywhere on the Internet to a Y7001... which probably means it's been superceded, but I can't find it cross referenced to anything.

3rd problem: I don't know what year the engine is, so I can't just order a correct year distributor and start from scratch with the right one (and if I did, I wouldn't have a core so it's cost even more money).

can anyone tell me what i have here? Why my L20B has a 6 cylinder distributor and if it even matters? (or I guess more accurately I have a 6 cylinder distributor body). What's my easiest and cheapest way of getting a brand new vacuum advance?

Thanks!

Justin

www.PorkchopBMX.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic