charge light on

got in the truck today and noticed now that the charge light is stuck on. checked the belt, the connections, and all the related junk, to still have it on.

im kinda thinking that it might be my new Chinese voltage regulator thats possibly taken a dump already.

will a bad volt regulator cause no charge and the dummy light to come on?

thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got in the truck today and noticed now that the charge light is stuck on. checked the belt, the connections, and all the related junk, to still have it on.

im kinda thinking that it might be my new Chinese voltage regulator thats possibly taken a dump already.

will a bad volt regulator cause no charge and the dummy light to come on?

thanks!

Yes it does,or could be alternator,No charge=dummy light on

Well I honestly don't know what's goin on with it. I got a new alternator and the light would come on and stay on. Then would go off. I drove to work on Monday and on the way it flickered the light a couple times and hasn't come back on since. Soooo I'm not sure what's gonna happen. I guess if it works it works. It ain't broke no more so I ain't gonna try and fix it lol.

still can put a volt meter to it or get one of those ckers that plug in to the cig light to ck for voltage. Usually you can see happen before it actually leaves you on the side of the road. ck with also a load on. mamy times battery charges during the day but at night and rainy with wipers on you can run off the battery cause the alternator is not producing enough juice.

Or you can take it back to store and have them check it out...one time this happened and Kragens says it was okay, took it to Autozone and they said not okay...took it back to kragens and it was their stupid testing machine....