• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a set of front spindles, rotors, calipers, upper and lower control arms for a later 620, are they worth anything or should I just chuck them?  I thought that they were able to be bolted directly to an older vehicle with drum brakes but apparently I was wrong.

20140503_152019_zps5b88a819.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi need help I bough a set of brakets from beebani for my datsun 320 a couple years ago but unable to find the proper disck or rotors, he just mention izusu rodeo 2001 2004 but 2wd or 4wd ? Ineed to know the diameter,off set and thickness if some one knows it will be highly appreciated

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

We're working on a 70, 521. Bought a Wilwood front disc kit they told me that the 620 kit would work. As soon as I got the rotor on I noticed it was loose so I'm guessing that the 620 hub is a bit different. I'm wondering if the 620 hub will work on the 521 spindle or any other advice would be appreciated.

• Like 1

If you're referring to how sloppy the rotors are on the hub.....that's just how they are.  The center hole on the passport rotor is huge so it relies on the lugs to get any alignment.  The 7/16" studs on the 521 hub are a bit smaller than the 12mm studs on the 620 hub. 

Did you buy this kit second hand?  If you bought it new....whoever sold it to you should have been able to answer your questions.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Dilemma time... After reading (probably TOO much) on this topic, it's time for me to "s*** or get off the pot" on my 620 build.

Here's my situation: I have a clean 77KC with completed body & paint, interior, and a running engine.  But, it's still a 77.  I intend to VG swap it, so I'd like more modern suspension / braking.

So, I purchased a pretty decent 79KC, with the intention of doing a complete frame swap.  My thinking was, I could resto the frame while it's naked, build it the way I want, swap in the VG with the body off, and have a completely DONE truck.

Obviously, this is a lot of work... Am I overdoing it?  Can I get what I want without doing a full frame swap?  How would you guys proceed?  Mike, I'm especially eager to hear your thoughts.

TIA for suggestions / feedback / guidance.

• Like 2

I have no clue about the frame swap itself.  The new frame will give you ball joints, so you'll want to swap out the spindles/brakes for HB parts.  By the time you rebuild the kingpins and do a brake conversion, the cost will be pretty similar to doing the spindle swap on the newer frame.  The braking would basically match at that point since similar parts are used.  In my opinion, the brakes themselves are about equal, so I'd base your decision on whether the rest of the swap is worth it.

The ball joint suspension have the advantage down the road if you're keeping the rig.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

hey Mike this is Juan from K-E

you are right wilwood do not know nothing about datsuns

i am the one making the up grade using wilwood calipers

i use them for all my upgrades z cars, trucks 510 etc

if any body have a question about wilwood kits i can help

thanks

• Like 3