Disc brake installed on a drum brake truck

Bleach

There are no bolt-on brakes from a newer Nissan truck to the older Datsun trucks
You must buy a custom made bracket or a-arm and then a caliper and rotor from a specific vehicle

[Updated March 30, 2016]

620 Truck Front Brakes

Beebani's - Disc brakes for your Kingpin Truck

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25124-hardbody-disc-brake-brackets-for-620521520320
Beebani has taken over production
Hardbody disc brake brackets for 620/521/520/320 - Front Bracket = $160+

These brackets bolt to your existing hubs. You will receive the brackets in bare metal so you can paint or powder coat them any color you like. The rears will include the necessary spacers. All you will have to do is supply the brake parts.

Must use 15" wheels or larger. If anyone with this conversion has found a set fo 14s that fit please post details

521 owners: yes, these brackets will bolt right up to a 521 without any spacer provided....
1. You want to use the z32 calipers.
2. You are using the stock 521 inner bearings with the 521 spindle

Back Brakes - Brackets for sale from Beebani $90
The rears use the rotors and calipers from an 88-91 Isuzu Trooper, 89-93 Amigo, or 88-95 Pickup. Kragen online has the rotors for $15.99 a piece

brake_rear1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Brackets that use Nissan calipers
Beebani's - Front brackets to put disc brakes on your kingpins
Brackets = $160

Front
Rotors:   2002 Honda passport

2001-2004 Isuzu Rodeo

2002-2003 Rodeo sport

Calipers: 1988-1997 D21 (Hardbody) calipers for 4wd, 2.4L

Pads:     1988-1997 D21 (Hardbody) pads for 4wd, 2.4L

Lines: Use the rubber hoses for the Hardbody calipers, and make new steel lines for the truck on the pre-1973 trucks only. The 620’s have the right thread on the hardlines and will hook right up.

Hardware: 12mm bolts are required to mount the caliper to the brackets, and 10mm bolts are required to mount the bracket to the spindle assy.

Master Cylinder: 7/8” or 15/16” bore 1979-83 280zx with vertical mounting tabs.

The 620 master cylinder will also work, but the mount has to be modified to fit the firewall on the pre-1973 trucks

DatDoug's thread on installing this kit
brake_front4.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Option 2 for front brakes

Bracket for 521/520/320 trucks
Mike Klotz's - Custom disc brake brackets = $200
Thread for install, pictures, and ordering info Send a message to Mike to see if these are still in production if interested

brake_front3.jpg

Option 3 for front brakes

Custom upper control arm to convert to ball joints
Beebani's - Front Disc & Ball Joint Swap

custom upper arm - all other parts are various Nissan factory pieces

Glengeman's install writeup

brake_front1.jpg

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

clear up the difference between the 4pot caliper setup and the harbody caliper setup, do they both utilize the same bracket?? also im assuming with the 4 pot you would aslo need to upgrade to atleast the 280zx master cylinder, maybe something bigger??? whats a good master to use if you plan on doing 4 wheel disc?

beebani, how many versions of the hardbody caliper bracket did you make?? i know of three? what did you change on them? i know some of them utilize all 4 backing plate bolts and some only use 3?????? no need to exlain how good they are or anything, i know they all will work fine, just my curiosity.

• 11 months later...

Just for anyone who is interested I bought a set of fronts from BEEBANI and they came in super fast. He has been AWESOME to deal with and been helping with my insane amount of questions...

to add some info for anyone looking to do this:

If you want to use the Nissan 300ZX calipers it should be a 26mm pair, the 1990 NA (not turbo) had the 26 mm. And use the rear brake lines from a 1997 D21 hardbody. (yeah use the rear lines for the front)

I just ordered the rears!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Are you asking me or just in general? There's a couple of options on ebay. Mine will work on the 620's, but the inner bearing adapter is modified a bit to work.....but I don't have any at present. Beebani's will work on the 620. Datsun-parts.llc? on ebay has an option. Krecs on here makes brackets. If you need/want to run stock rims, mine are the only option....pm me and I'll put you on the list for the next batch.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Saw at the top that the disks and calipers off a hardbody will work. Any one know if this includes the 4x4? At the jy right now and found an 86 4x

Edit: never mind just reread the top. Got a set of calipers from an 86 hb. Still looking for troopers. May end up just buying the rotors new.

The 4x calipers have the same bolt spacing on the mounts, but I'm pretty sure they're 2 piston and much wider.  At least with my kit, they won't fit because of the mounting bracket that holds the calipers is too big.  I've looked into it and the 4x caliper on the small rotor is a really tight squeeze.  If I ever redesign mine, I'll look into them again, but it will be awhile.

The 4x calipers have the same bolt spacing on the mounts, but I'm pretty sure they're 2 piston and much wider.  At least with my kit, they won't fit because of the mounting bracket that holds the calipers is too big.  I've looked into it and the 4x caliper on the small rotor is a really tight squeeze.  If I ever redesign mine, I'll look into them again, but it will be awhile.

Thanks for replying. I wasn't sure so I skipped the 4x4 and found a regular 86 HB at a different JY. I think I got all the required hardware. Will probably buy new calipers and use these as the core.

Calipers_zps90468fed.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

....any spindle setup after '83 will give you vented rotors and bigger calipers......720 or hardbody.  Just swap the entire spindle/caliper/hub/rotor assembly as a unit.  Piece of cake.  2 ball joints, 1 tierod, 1 hose

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The info for my brackets at the beginning of this post is all wrong. Not sure where the maxima/stanza info came from, but it's wrong. Also, the prices have changed. If someone can update it, I'll send the correct info.

Hey BEE I'm heading to the PnP right now, so after today I'm going to need a bracket for my 74 620 with nissan pick up calipers ... What's the best way for you, to make this happen? Thanks man ... A trusted friend said yours are the best

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...