TC Rods & LCA from FutoFab

Dime Dave

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the pictures T3 uses are typical for their 510 part, there shouldn't be an issue.

The FutoFab adjustable LCA uses the stock 510 ball joint in it's stock position on top of the LCA. The TC rod installs on top of the ball joint so using a T3 TC rod shouldn't become a problem. The only area of concern might be the ear on the FutoFab control arm where the FutoFab TC rod connects directly to the LCA.

You can measure the offset on the T3 TC rod where the attaching plate is welded onto the tube. If this offset is greater than the thickness of the ball joint flange it bolts over, then there could be interference with the TC mounting ear on the FutoFab LCA depending on how close the offset is to the mounting point. If there is a problem, the ear can be removed, it is only needed to mount the FutoFab TC rods.

Long answer short, the T3 TC rods will fit. If the ear on the FutoFab LCA gets in the way, it can be cut off.

If you don't like the idea of cutting the LCA, return it. We will gladly refund your purchase price or cut the ear off at no charge and return it to you if you're willing to cover the shipping costs.

This might be an obvious question, but I dont have a 510 so I wouldnt know... The way the front LCA and TC rods are designed they look very similar to that of the Z cars. With the exception of the small vertical tab, do the two cars utilize the same front suspension design?

This might be an obvious question, but I dont have a 510 so I wouldnt know... The way the front LCA and TC rods are designed they look very similar to that of the Z cars. With the exception of the small vertical tab, do the two cars utilize the same front suspension design?

The 510 suspension is very close in design when it comes to the TC and LCA. The inner pivot on the LCA is stud mounted on the 510 and is thru bolted on the Z car. The TC rod is the same basic design and might actually fit. The test would be comparing the parts side by side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got my pieces today. Got the LCAs along with the TC rods and boots. These look legit.

Bump for a good business with awesome parts and great customer service. Thanks again, Dave!

Have you got them on the car yet? A review would be great, I’m thinking of getting a set my self. Fit, finish, function and maybe some pics on the car.

I have them but I haven't put them on the 510 yet. That project came to a screeching halt when I decided to do the body work and paint. Once I find a good passenger side rear corner and do some fabbing followed by paint, then I'll write a review :P

Sorry man. Probably won't be for a while unless I use em on my crummy.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for not staying up with this thread.

Yes, you can adjust camber with the lower control arms and use the stock hats. In fact FutoFab's adjustable LCA's will give you more camber adjustment than camber plates will.

I will caution that if you are looking for large amounts of negative camber, you could run into fender/tire clearance issues as it moves the bottom of the strut out not the top in like plates do. If you are using FutoFab's adjustable LCA's and TC rods, always do your front suspension alignment with camber first, caster next (double check camber, adjust if needed) and then set toe-in/out. Using the LCA to adjust camber will dramatically change toe-in. Toe must be re-set everytime camber is changed.

Hope this helps.

• 9 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I have been running these for the last 5 years, still nice and tight on the rod ends and the tc arm.. i DO need to take them back off and re-polish them as they are looking pretty weathered now.

if your running these on the street you gotta have the rubber boots that go on the rod ends... it keeps them pristine.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Paul brought back this post from the dead.

@scooter Thanks for the positive feedback.

I realized looking at the post, our LCA / TC Rods have gone thru some changes and we have more applications.

FutoFab's current  LCA and TC Rods fit the following models:

200SX (1977-1979)

240Z (1970-1973)

260Z (1974)

280Z (1975-1978)

510 (1968-1973)

610 (1973-1976)

710 (1974-1977)

B210 (1974-1978)

LCA-TC Rod Combo, V3-1.jpg

Edited by Dime Dave
  • Like 1