Kiznook's Ratsun project:

Well, it has begun finally, that is to say I got my garage clean enough to get it in and have some room to work. The lame part is, as I was cleaning it started to feel like cleaning was the project, when in reality I wasn't even close to starting THE project.

On with the pics:

P1010004-1.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

P1010006-1.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

P1010020-1.jpg

P1010021-1.jpg

P1010013-1.jpg

P1010014-1.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010022-1.jpg

P1010023-1.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010030.jpg

More to come as the days go by. Pleanty will be done including engine work, suspension, brakes, minor interior, wheels/tires. STAY TUNED

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to call it "fancy stacking". :D I was "cleaning" my shop for about an hour today. All I really do is make the stacks around the outside taller :) I did find some parts I forgot I had.

Do you have a list of upgrades you plan on doing? Like a blaster 2 coil and removal of the ballast resistor? I always forget the ohms rules.....

the rollie cart keeps getting in my way, but it's not as bad as the bicycles, solved that problem though (thank god for sheds)

I wish it was just fancy stacking, it seems like it now, but I actually did a fair amount of organizing, until I got down to the big piles of random shit that shouldn't even be in the garage (office stuff??) so I gave up and just made pig piles to get it out of my way.

I actually could put a blaster coil in there, but I dont see much reason to. I need to:

-remove engine/ trans, replace headgasket (and probably drill some water passages)

-other gaskets

-rebuild the 32/36 and install proper adapter so I can remove the super cool hood spacers (sae sockets :P )

-Gc front co's on 280zx struts (konis) and t3 camber plates

-1 inch front sway bar

-cut ST springs for rear

-camaro shocks rear

-200sx (s12) rear sway bar

-energy bushings everywhere

-new brakes all around (new 280zx front, s30 aluminum drums rear)

-new tie rod ends and ball joints

-grant steering wheel (hooptie but better)

-sparco sprint seat (only for mee)

-14x5.5 libres with azenis (as you can see :D)

-exhaust (remove un-needed cherry bomb<2.25 w/ magnaflow>)

and as it sits, z20s block with peanut head, 5 speed (truck?) subie lsd, elect. ign., fiero rad., 32/36,

and all I have done ("mods" anyway), 84 maxima mirror, and poly drivers bucket (not anymore though!!)

the dipshit before me was just that, a dipshit. he cut the headgasket where it covers the front cover, so when i changed the front cover gaskets and didn'tuse enough rtv, i went from a coolant leak to oil leak. since i most likely need to drill the water passages, and i DO need to change the oilpan gasket, i'm just going to pullthe engine out. this will give me an oportunity to tidy things up a bit under the hood.

THE SPEKERS ARE HOT!!! amazingly the car had a CD player in it (and some CDs) just had to wire up some switched power (see fuse box)

and yes, I do plan to get this all done before GG. And i will attempt to take as many pictures as possible!

I wish it was just fancy stacking, it seems like it now, but I actually did a fair amount of organizing, until I got down to the big piles of random shit that shouldn't even be in the garage (office stuff??) so I gave up and just made pig piles to get it out of my way.

Me to buddy, I've been trying to get organized for some time now with no luck. Sounds like a great project, GG is going to be sweet this year:)

What is with the Razor blade between the Head and Timing cover,:eek:

HAHA, i was wondering if anyone would notice that. It was an attempt to slow the oil leak, notice the RTV and lack of head-front cover bolt. So i needed to drive home from a buddies house, and my enginge was blowing its wad all over the place, at least the coolant leak went away right :( it actually helped a little bit, but it still leaks on the other side (not for long!)

it's actually security to prevent anyone from adjusting my timing :eek:

haha too funny, my 4dr came with a black sunpro tach on my steering column too

dont get it twisted, I installed thatshit myself :D

yeah, it needs a little re-engineering since i only spent like 10 minutes total putting it in (doesnt work right AT ALL)

so i got the engine/trans out tonight. looks like butt! and i cant seem to find the engine I.D. on the block...wtf?

The freeze plugs are a little buldge-y, they are still in their homes, but they have crowned a little in the middle...do i NEED to replace them? it is after all a RATSUN!

i'll try to get more pictures tomorrow when i start cleaning up the gunk. i just started and i want it done NOW

That's a tasty pile of parts. One thing I've learned about my piles of parts for future planned projects.... One at a time, 100% complete before you shelve it is the way to go. My unsolicited .02

Looking good Kiz. Nice to see someone serious about getting a dime where they want it.

That's a tasty pile of parts. One thing I've learned about my piles of parts for future planned projects.... One at a time, 100% complete before you shelve it is the way to go. My unsolicited .02

Dude I so hear you Slo, it makes the project so much smoother.