Kiznook's Ratsun project:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Philcas87, nismopu, cityhunter, jtek, mr Marcus, and Nissan chris came by tonight and we got er done! A few hours and a few beers and the engine was in and running. Runs surprisingly well. Only ran it for a couple of minutes, and aside from some low idle pisto slap (which worked out quickly) it sounds good!

d9d8ba7c.jpg

Thanks guys. I am relly excited to have it back together. I cant wait to get the few more little things done so I can drive it!

Looks serious! Bet it sounds great. What's up with the camber plates? You running circle track?

It sounds fantastic! Pretty much just like before, but healthier. As for the camber plates, I am pretty sure I have a bent strut, that's the closest I was able to get them to aligned. But I've got another set of struts waiting to go in, just need to weld the coilover perches on.

e59872ac.jpg

That cable looks like it might be rubbing. Also the cable is pulling across at almost 180 degrees so it will be stiff just off idle and wear the throttle shaft. When you get time try modding one of these to fit. The cable will now always be at a tangent to the throttle shaft and move freer with less binding and wear.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/throttlecontrolLarge.jpg[/img]"]throttlecontrolLarge.jpg

Mike, It's not as bad as it looks in the picture, especially since there's no tension on the cable. Butyou're right about the pulling hard "against" the throttle shaft. I will eventually figure something like you posted, but for now, with the pull piece that came on the carb this will probably do. I have yet to hook it up to the pedal though, so I'll find out how it works later.

I hadn't considered wear on the throttle shaft. Thanks, you're always looking out :D

• 2 years later...

It seems as though there has been a lack of updates in this thread :D

For those of you that have any idea what I've been up to, you'll be excited to know that once again the green machine is back on the road!!

I have an idea ... :sneaky: