datsun 510 tail light Guide

On 2/21/2021 at 7:44 PM, gracequiles said:

i must says its a clean car i would primer it and rock it... that reminds me i should go see if hes tired of it yet and wants to sell it

What are you responding to?

It helps if you use the "Quote" option unless you are responding to the post directly above your comment.

• Like 1
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone confirm that the Mexican tail lights had the stainless trim on the lenses like the '71 Bluebird lenses or were they bare like these?

I'm just curious if these are bare because they are cheap knock-offs or if even the real stock Mexican lights didn't have the trim.

Also, while we are on the subject; where were the Mexican 510's made?  I assume Mexico but I don't know if that was just the market, not the factory location.

Did they have a 510 badge or were they called something different?

What year(s) did they make them?  I assume no earlier than '71 given the '71 Bluebird lenses but for how long were they produced?

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by carterb
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, LS_Wagon said:

And now we have clear Wagon lenses! Message me if you’re interested.

CE261D91-8DC5-4C44-BC77-7D48E4ECDDD8.jpeg

might want to post the clear lens in the classifieds where 510 wagon owners will see it better, not all goon owners will read this thread. Just curious, whats a set go for, minus the small round lens ? 

https://ratsun.net/classifieds/

Edited by 420n620
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, 420n620 said:

might want to post the clear lens in the classifieds where 510 wagon owners will see it better, not all goon owners will read this thread. Just curious, whats a set go for, minus the small round lens ? 

https://ratsun.net/classifieds/

Will do soon as I’m pretty slammed with orders and want to catch up on those first. 

Luis.

• Like 3
On 5/31/2021 at 10:21 PM, LS_Wagon said:

And now we have clear Wagon lenses! Message me if you’re interested.

CE261D91-8DC5-4C44-BC77-7D48E4ECDDD8.jpeg

I gotta say, these look like quality pieces! Good work making and producing these. Do you have any plans to do two color lenses as well? Not sure how they were done from the factory. Some appear to be two different pieces glued or fused together. I know you're slammed, a good problem to have. 🙂 

• Like 1
On 2/24/2021 at 7:31 PM, carterb said:

Can someone confirm that the Mexican tail lights had the stainless trim on the lenses like the '71 Bluebird lenses or were they bare like these?

I'm just curious if these are bare because they are cheap knock-offs or if even the real stock Mexican lights didn't have the trim.

Also, while we are on the subject; where were the Mexican 510's made?  I assume Mexico but I don't know if that was just the market, not the factory location.

Did they have a 510 badge or were they called something different?

What year(s) did they make them?  I assume no earlier than '71 given the '71 Bluebird lenses but for how long were they produced?

s-l1600.jpg

Yes the original lenses had 2 chrome rectangle trims on each lens. The reproduction parts you posted look a little ticker than the originals. I Guy I know purchased the same reproductions and is trying to stamp or press the metal trims for the taillights. Curious to see if he can pull it off.

As for your other questions, I heard the factory was in Tecate Mexico and yes still badged 510. Not sure on what years they manufactured them there. I know one major difference was those sedans had leaf springs in the rear like the Wagons to keep the cost down.

5 hours ago, Draker said:

I gotta say, these look like quality pieces! Good work making and producing these. Do you have any plans to do two color lenses as well? Not sure how they were done from the factory. Some appear to be two different pieces glued or fused together. I know you're slammed, a good problem to have. 🙂 

Thanks!

Yes the factory casted them in multiple pieces then glued or fused them together. I do plan on doing the 2 and 3 color lenses also. (Ducks to avoid tomatoes thrown by Mr. Big Tanker). I plan on marking them somehow to make them easier to spot as reproductions. Not saying they will look as good as the factory units but would hate for someone to try and sell mine as if they are new or great shape originals. I have a wait list for those and am crossing my fingers my plan works out.

• Like 2