mklotz70 Fairlane 500 wgn 1964

Wait a sec, does this mean you no longer, have your own Datto?

Radio

Yep...I don't have my own dato right now. I still have my wife's 521 to drive and my daughter's 521 to build....so I'm not dato-less :)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to get a chance to work on the fairlane and Mend with the rest of my vacation time......but I need to get the disc brake kits done too!! Working on a new 1200 disc upgrade as well. Not much left to do on it :)

just trying to keep on this stuff so I don't get too far behind.

On my trip to Spokane, I picked up another AOD tranny from my buddy Mike. Non-computer version and since it seemed like the one in the lincoln didn't quite shift right.....it will be nice to have this one sitting here. :)

101_3715.jpg

101_3716.jpg

101_3717.jpg

As I was looking this all over yesterday....I'm seriously starting to question whether or not I even want to start a project of this size.....and I mean the vehicle size!! I can't easily pull it in and out to work on it and it will not fit in the shop. I don't really want to get half way into it and bale. hhhhmmmm.....I think I've got just over $2000 into it so far, counting titling, parts and donor car. A 1200 coupe, B210, or roadster would sure fit in the shop a lot better!!! Oh well....we'll see :)

so I just put it up on CL for $2500 for everything. If it sells, cool....if not....I'll park it until next year and finish Mend :) I've learned a few things about myself since I bought the fairlane which had changed my attitude toward it a bit. Anyway.....if it doesn't sell this week, I'll park it next weekend and forget about it for the next 8mo or so :)

I'm probably the last person on earth who should be telling someone else to stay focused...so I won't. I'd love to see you keep this project and see it to the end. I've been in the same spot and know how hard it is to make a decision like this. Just finish that 521 already! :D Maybe a desire to drive the Fairlane could be a motivator to get Mend done. If you don't still have that urge then maybe it's best to just let it go. On the other hand, you looked for one for quite a while so you may not get another shot. It's paid for and it won't need any more work next spring than it does right now if you just move it out back and tarp it.

Didn't help much did it <_< ?

So far...the only nibble has been a scam. I haven't gotten any hits on anything else I've put up on CL either. So...at this point, it's looking like I'll park it next weekend. That's fine. Even once Mend is done, it's still going to be a royal pain to try to work on something of this size since I can't get it in the garage. If I pull it in to work on, I'll have to pull it back out to close the garage door. Now if I had a shop like yours............... :)

It was my favorite car years ago....I'm not sure if my desire for one is just left over from that or if it's still my favorite. We'll see :)

true dat! That's why Im cutting back on my "stuff"....so I can be more productive :) Any chance you've got a usable dizzy for a 289?.....or know which other engines I can pull one from. I'm thinking I can get the original eng started, but the dizzy is out of whack.

..so you're saying that I can go get an HEI dizzy out of a 5.0 and put it in? I was looking at nice billet HEI dizzies for the 289 on ebay....under $60 shipped. If that will fit both the '64 289 and the '87 5.0, I may just get it. :)

.....or, I go to the s/y and pull one. I just don't want to take the one out of the lincoln and have a dead car in the back yard.

I was texting with a guy today that was interested in trading a cnc mill (fairly small one) for the Fairlane. Too much of a project for him....."me too" I said :) For as excited as I got thinking about the trade.....kinda made me realize I'm not as attached to this one as I thought I was. We'll see.....it's not gone yet :)

the Fairlane will have to sell first. It's an Emco F1 cnc....kinda small, but big enough for most of what I would do....and it takes up less shop space. I think I need to get a job in a shop so I can use the equipment after hours! :)

the Fairlane will have to sell first. It's an Emco F1 cnc....kinda small, but big enough for most of what I would do....and it takes up less shop space. I think I need to get a job in a shop so I can use the equipment after hours! :)

Come on down Bro. I just landed the biggest order I've ever had. 400K :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D