mklotz70 Fairlane 500 wgn 1964

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow mike this is bad ass!!! my buddy used to have a 64' thunder bolt replica and he always wanted to get a wagon and make a thunder bolt wagon out of it... he never found one there pretty rare down here in so cal...

very cool ranch wagon!!!!!! cant wait to see what you have planned for it... btw look liek you got too many projects how about selling me that 510 wagon :cool:

Cool car Mike! It would look killer lowered. My first ride in a muscle car was a 65 Fairlane with a HO 289. I have loved them ever since.

I've always loved the looks of the '64 Galaxie. In fact, around 1983, I had bought a '64 Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe just because it looked like a baby Galaxie and I could not find full size. But years ago, after riding in one, I realized just how dang big the Galaxie's really are. I'll barely be able to fit this one in the shop to even park it overnight. It will have to hang out to be worked on.

nice ride! what motor does it have??? if its a smallblock, then either rebuild or slam a later 302 in it and call it good :D

It's got a 260 that's froze up. I don't think it's worth putting any money into. The plan at this point is to get a donor vehicle with a 5.0, 4spd AOD, posi. I'm really liking Driven's suggestion of using a Mark VII or VIII. It may be a bit...need to get Mend done and save up some more money :)

Wow man, that's super straight. Where'd you find it?

It was a CL ad. The guy lives up in Vanc...east side of 205 on Mill Plain....so fairly close...quick and easy to run back over and pick up another good windshield when he gets it pulled from his wife's wgn.

Mike that car definitely had a slimming effect on you. You look younger and 30 lbs lighter. Good choice![/img].

That's actually my buddy A100addict(Dave).....and yes, he has lost a chunk of weight :) Thanks!

wow mike this is bad ass!!! my buddy used to have a 64' thunder bolt replica and he always wanted to get a wagon and make a thunder bolt wagon out of it... he never found one there pretty rare down here in so cal...very cool ranch wagon!!!!!! cant wait to see what you have planned for it... btw look liek you got too many projects how about selling me that 510 wagon :cool:

I've seen pics of a Thunderbolt wgn before. Too early to have the final look planned out yet, but it will be fairly simple. They're fairly rare up here too. I've looked off and on for about 12yrs and I've only come across a couple of them...none that I could afford. I don't have any clue what the production numbers are, but I must have a car angel watching over me.....I seem to find what I want, despite rarity....I got extremely lucky finding the red NL. I found this wgn on a whim. Had a few extra minutes on my hands while checking CL....hadn't typed in 64 Fairland in at least 6mo. I figured I had some play money at the time, why not take a peek.....Bingo! I'll feel a lot better about it once DMV issues me a title!! But...a guy from Spokane gave the previous owner a $400 bid on the tailgate....so I don't think I'll have any problem getting my money back out of it if I can't get a title :)

Mike - I like it. I had a 1964 Falcon wagon for a few years. I just like a nice old Goon!

I look forward to seeing it in June.

btw - JDM510 called first dibs on your 510 goon, I call second dibs! :)

I spy a Maverick.

Yep...he's got a hopped up Mav along with a Thunderbolt clone.

If you have the trim I vote for keeping it. That's a lot of real estate not to have some scenery.

ya...I don't see me shaving the trim...I like it...I'm thinking the handles and tailgate trim may go...but the side moldings are what sets it apart :)

This thread makes me miss my 64 galaxy 500xl . What engine are you thinking of using in it

I got the 260 unfrozen, but I'm hoping to find a 5.0, AOD, to put in it.

Mike - I like it. I had a 1964 Falcon wagon for a few years. I just like a nice old Goon!I look forward to seeing it in June. btw - JDM510 called first dibs on your 510 goon, I call second dibs! :)

Thanks...I've always been a goon lover!! ...hhmm....to free up enough space to park your trailer, it might be easier if we put the 510 wgn IN the trailer.. :)