521 Wiring for the wiper motor??

sickdat

Hi guys so i a bought a 521 pick up a little over a month ago. The wipers didn't work when i bought it so i figured the motor went seeing how it is 40 years old. So i went to checker and orderd a new one. I got it yesterday hooked it up and now i am starting to second guess my original diagnosis. since the new motor wont turn on either. I have Haynes manual and checked the wiring diagram and tested what is supposed to be the power wire for the motor, no power at all. So i took my dash apart which wasn't a big deal cuz i wanted to wrap it anyways. Unwrapped the wiring harness and tried tracing the wires from the motor to the switch. now my question is there are four wires running to the switch blue/white, blue, yellow, and black. But at the plug where it connects to the motor there are five with the addition of a blue/red wire. Now according to my manual that is the constant power wire for the motor. But unfortunately like i said it does not have power. So i traced it through the fire wall and it comes into the cab then runs into a different plug from the rest of the wiper wires and back out into the engine bay and then under the cab. So i guess my question is what should i do to get power to the wiper motor?? Thank you guys in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks alot. I think i may know what the problem is now. Someone along the line before i bought the truck replaced the old fuse block with a newer one to eliminate the old glass fuses. So i'm thinking they messed up the wiring on the wipers. Everything else works tho oddly enough. Thanks again that was a huge help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys so i a bought a 521 pick up a little over a month ago. The wipers didn't work when i bought it so i figured the motor went seeing how it is 40 years old. So i went to checker and orderd a new one. I got it yesterday hooked it up and now i am starting to second guess my original diagnosis. since the new motor wont turn on either. I have Haynes manual and checked the wiring diagram and tested what is supposed to be the power wire for the motor, no power at all. So i took my dash apart which wasn't a big deal cuz i wanted to wrap it anyways. Unwrapped the wiring harness and tried tracing the wires from the motor to the switch. now my question is there are four wires running to the switch blue/white, blue, yellow, and black. But at the plug where it connects to the motor there are five with the addition of a blue/red wire. Now according to my manual that is the constant power wire for the motor. But unfortunately like i said it does not have power. So i traced it through the fire wall and it comes into the cab then runs into a different plug from the rest of the wiper wires and back out into the engine bay and then under the cab. So i guess my question is what should i do to get power to the wiper motor?? Thank you guys in advance.

Hey sickdat do you have a website for checker?