whose running side drafts on their bullet?

makya

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure on pro's and con's, but as far as I know you'll have a bit more (top-end?) power and maybe better throttle response due to increased airflow... I think they're more suited with other modifications though, a bigger cam being one of the main ones.

As for the con's, I would say fuel economy, depending on the size and how they're jetted. Then again, I don't know if you can change the jets on SU's... there's a tuning page floating around somewhere.

You can get the intake... I think any dual side-draft intake designed for your engine will fit the SU's... I believe only the Webers needed adaptor plates.

I dont know about bulletsides, but my friend has an L20b +.030, running dual SU's (not the bigger Z ones, the smaller ones), and he gets about 27mpg highway, and 24 in town... The Z car Su's will bolt on to an L4 Su manifold, but only by 2 bolts each... The Z car Su's bolt on with 4 bolts, but the L4 Su's only bolt on by 2. People do it all the time though.

The L4 is pretty much the designation for any of the four-cylinder L-Series engines... L13, L16, L20B, etc. L6's are the six cylinder L-Series... L24 is one of them, not sure about the other...

I haven't really found a concise explaination of the Datsun engines and common Nissan swaps, but this might help with sorting out some of the engines...

Mmm, forgot about the brake booster... my truck doesn't have one, so I don't have any issues with it. It that case, I think you either need an L16SSS manifold, or an aftermarket one... I don't think the others will clear.

Are you going to use these on another block, or are you still going to try to track down an intake manifold and use them on your current engine? You could just sell or trade them and get a downdraft Weber or something, unless you really want the dual carbs...

Are you going to use these on another block, or are you still going to try to track down an intake manifold and use them on your current engine? You could just sell or trade them and get a downdraft Weber or something, unless you really want the dual carbs...

I have the block that came with the Dually that I'll build. I just haven't figured out which way to go with it yet. I'd like to run sidedrafts, but son't know yet if I will

2eDeYe;29239']L20 SU intake

Havent run the SU's. Found set of Webers that I'll be running instead.

Off of a 510?

• 5 weeks later...