Pro Lighting Part II

79D50

For those of you that are interested in the installation, fitment and tuning of this kit, please PM me. On a quick note this kit was well worth the research and phone calls. I could not believe how simple it was to install. The wiring is absolutely plug and play and the quality of the housings, wiring, butt ends, connectors and ballasts...well I am impressed. The technology is just like my Lexus in that there is a shielded down firing 6k Bulb which by the way is a glaring white light. The only time it has a bluish tint is when the ballasts intially ignite the xenon and once they warm up they are exactly like my cars using 6K from the factory. It took all of 30 minutes to install and tuck the wires neatly. It took longer to aim them correclty then it took to do the install.

This is well worth your $140 dollars. I will email pics of the lights and my installation to those who are interested. Again, please PM me.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

man sounds great it always nice when you get a quality product and your happy.... most internet blabblers dont knwo their head from their ass some dont let them get you down, karma will get themdown sooner or later...

Here are some pictures of my HID installation. The kit was very easy to wire and the results were just as I expected if not better.

This is the driver side install. For the 620 buckets there is plenty of clearance (at least in my bay) for the low beam housing. The ballast is in place with 3M double sided tack foam. Make sure you mount it right the first time because that tape is sticky. The wires tucked nicely and were zip tied out of the way.

CIMG0064-Copy.jpg

The passenger side was a bit different as I mounted the ballast vertically against the fender. It clears the battery in the tray by 1/2". The battery location did not have to be altered in any way and I run a series 24.

Here is a crappy daytime pic of the HID vs. Sealed Beam

CIMG0082-1.jpg

Here is the backside of the housing. The 3 tabs shown need to be shaven to fit snugly in the bucket. I used a dremel with a sanding wheel and this worked well. A razor blade will work in its place if you don't have a dremel.

CIMG0077-Copy-1.jpg

CIMG0078-Copy-1.jpg

Driver side:

CIMG0066-Copy.jpg

Passenger side:

CIMG0067-Copy.jpg

Here is a closeup of the housing:

CIMG0071-Copy.jpg

Sealed Beam at night:

CIMG0085-1.jpg

HID at night:

CIMG0084-1.jpg

Here are the yellow highbeams on. With the HID the Highs cut out the power to the lows so thet high/low come on seperately as oppossed to all 4 on at once:

CIMG0069-Copy-1.jpg

Closeup of my Kyoto Fogs: These were tinted yellow by my local shop.

CIMG0070-Copy.jpg

Lights on at night:

CIMG0087-1.jpg

At dusk. Notice the HID on the right.

CIMG0089.jpg

At night against my garage door. The HID casts a nice crisp horizontal line across the street and a fair bit of side light as well. You will want to spend some time carefully aiming these as you do not want to blind oncoming traffic.

CIMG0090.jpg

Overall, this was a great kit for the money. Installation shown is for the 620 and should be very similar to the 510. The 1200's, Z's, and other models use the 7" housings. I don't take any responsibility for your installation and the pictures shown are for reference only. Install at your own risk.

CAUTION: Take a moment to remove any panties within proximity as they may spontaneously get into a bunch.

Post up some pics im sure after the last thread people wont say anything negitive they have put in there 2 cents

This picture says it all, quite frankly. Where's the cut-off, or did you install them upside down? So far they look like any other ebay el cheapo HID kit you can buy with HID bulbs in normal housings/reflectors. Sorry, that sounds negative, but what do you want me to say? Great job? Great product? I hope everyone gets glaring HID headlights?

CIMG0090.jpg

Win:

perfectcutoff.jpg

Fail:

beam.JPG

At night against my garage door. The HID casts a nice crisp horizontal line across the street and a fair bit of side light as well. You will want to spend some time carefully aiming these as you do not want to blind oncoming traffic.

CIMG0090.jpg

That the first thing I thought too, that the light was in upside down. Usually the cut off line has the light filling in below it. This appears to be upside down.??

Also I don't think the tabs are equal distance apart. they are in a certain pattern to prevent the lenses from being installed upside down.

CIMG0078-Copy-1.jpg

2 feet away does not show the cut off and no they won't be good as projectors in any fashion. They definitly do not splash but are not as clean as a direct diagonal line. Keep in mind they cost $140 dollars. I don't see the point in spending $500-$700 on a HID kit for a $3000 truck. 25 feet out there is a better cutoff but nothing close to the definition in your picture.

I thought they were upside down as well when I first turned them on but the condensation hole in the housing as well as the boot faces down. I even called them to confirm.

If folks don't like them simply don't buy them. They are not for everyones taste. They were purchased for more light (safety) and they definitely produce. If I want a clean defintion and quality looks, I jump in one of my cars.

And Mike, they are equal distances apart in the housing. The picture doesn't show very well. After driving with them for a couple days now I am pleased with the ease of installation etc, but they could have donea better job designing the housings. I got exactly what I paid for.

People can make up thier own minds.

Could have been some other bulb I was thinking of. I couldn't get the damn thing to mount and have the chrome ring slip over to hold it in. l also then noticed it said top on it so I turned and in it went.

Are these specifically for low beam?

Yes....they are specifically for low beam and since you mention it my sealed beama say "Top" on them and I looked for some sort of marking and could not find one. The dead giveaway is that condensation hole. Just for the hell of it I will flip them tonight to see if that helps. My guess is that it will shoot light up instewad of out but we will see.

The design makes sense and like I said before the bulbs/center sheild and ballasts are well engineered it is just the hatching or grids that gon't refract/reflect the light all that well. I will draw a sketch of what I am talking about later and post it. I was looking online for a suitable housing and Hella looks to be fairly close in comparison but am unsure of how the bulb would fit and clip in and it is anyone's guess on how that beam would look.

thisismatt... if you dont like it then why post???

didnt your mother tell you.. if you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say nothing at all.... :D

Because I'm not a fluffer at the Ratsun 500. I post to help those less informed make intelligent decisions based on fact, not hype, overzealousness, or group mentality. I'm glad you've started shadowing me, though - maybe you'll learn something! Perhaps we'll start with double negatives.
  • Like 1

^^^ no your here to act like a dick and shit on peoples post... the dude flat out said their not the best lights..hes doing US a favor by posting so we can make or OWN decision... your doing nothing but being a douche bag!!!

" but what do you want me to say? Great job? Great product? I hope everyone gets glaring HID headlights?"

no we just want you to STFU!!!!

^^^ No, you're here to act like a dick and shit on people's posts. The dude flat out said they're not the best lights...he's doing US a favor by posting so we can make our OWN decisions... you're doing nothing but being a douche bag!!!

" but what do you want me to say? Great job? Great product? I hope everyone gets glaring HID headlights?"

No, we just want you to STFU!!!!

disappointedsmall.jpg

I'm sorry that after I called you out on the realm you've become such a whiny little bitch. That apology is for the other members. :lol: