Pro Lighting in CA

79D50

These guys sell quite a few HID and standard H4 kits on Ebay. They have a brick and mortar storefront in CA. I wanted more info so I called and talked to a sales guy. They are really knowledgeable about lighting systems, wiring, wattage capacity etc. They want to make sure that you buy the right kit so they work properly and do not fry your electrical system.

I ended up purchasing a low beam 35W HID kit with ballasts and 6K bulbs specifically designed for folks running 5 3/4 inch sealed beams. This kit does not flood and splash light all over the place annoying drivers etc. The cut of the housing is designed to focus light on to the street (unlike cheaper kits). The wiring is plug and play. Your existing connectors plug into the ballasts and the ballasts plug directly into the bulbs. Everything is included. I paid a bit over $140 and it was the best quality kit I could find. The high/low beam kit is right at $200. If you are toying with the thought of going this route, I recommend these guys. I will post some pics of the kit when it arrives...should be today.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah please let us know if it works or even fits well as I swore I bought some of their basic 5 3/4" headlights for my wagon and they did not fit the light buckets but it was a while ago so maybe they worked out the kinks and they did refund my money

I talked to these guys for a good 20 minutes and one of my questions was fitment. I knew going in that it was a 50/50 on whether I needed to modify my buckets. Were only talking 1/16 - 1/8" more in diameter and this is easily solved with a dremel tool. Install your 60 grit sanding wheel and set the tool to around 2500RPM and go for it. If you do it right it will appear OEM and all your doing is increasing the diameter. If you want to go back to OEM you can with no problems.

The back of the new housings will be a bit deeper than the OEM housings so anything behind the lights i.e. relays, battery etc might have to be moved. Eveyones engine bay is configured differently and on my 620 I know that I have to move my battery towards the firewall about 1.5 + inches. Luckily, I have enough room on the tray to do this.

The fitment from the front side is OEM all the way using the stock headlight bezels and screws etc. 5 3/4 is 5 3/4 no matter how you slice it right?

I will do a write up showing the step by step of the install with PICS.

BTW - Looked into the ellipsoids and everything I found at the $120 mark for a set was pitted and cloudy. Brand new they are outrageous. Even though I really dig the look, I decided for HID and quite frankly will be getting more lumens that can be achieved with Halogen.

Careful with some of these kits, they scatter light everywhere and blind other drivers

I've been researching KITS and talking with companies....a sentence from initial post.

This kit does not flood and splash light all over the place annoying drivers etc.

The last thing I would install is a cheesy cheap hid KIT.

If they're so knowledgeable, why did they sell you 6000k bulbs when 4300k is a more natural, and brighter *ding ding ding*, light?

My 2001 Audi had 4300K HID. Osram made the bulbs. My 2004 Lexus and 2005 Audi both have 6000K hid. Phillips makes those bulbs. They are the two authorities when it comes to manufacturing top quality xenon bulbs. Most of your newer 2003 + German Luxury as well as Asian Luxury cars have 6000K. 4300K is natural sunlight and 6000K is more of a glaring white. Lumens is your only consideration when shopping bulbs and kits and also how the light is projected. Yes, lumens are decreased when you climb the spectrum scale. I've spent countless hours on this subject in other forums. The higher you go in Kelvin (color) the lower your lumen output is. The research and studies have been done and thats why the highly educated engineers at those car companies use the 6k bulbs. The enclosures are just as important as the bulbs. With projectors they are able to concentrate and focus the light.

I had the option of going with an 8K hid but at 35 watts your output would suck. They would essentially be bluish white halogens. Even at 6k the lumen output is not ideal. This is again why car companies are using ballasts rated at 55-60W. My electrical can't handle it. I will still have much better light than OEM at 35 watts with 6K bulbs which by the way will be tossed out on delivery as I have already ordered my new Phillips bulbs. Pro Lighting doesnt even offer the 4300K. If the kit doesnt live up to my expectations, then I will send it back and move on. Pro Lighting is happy to take returns.

You really gonna try to bash on the thread. You prolly the guy who has something bad to say about everything right?

My 2001 AUdi had 4300K HID. Osram made the bulbs. My 2004 Lexus and 2005 AUdi both have 6000K hid. hillips makes those bulbs. All your newer 2003 + German Luxury as well as Asian Luxury cars have 6000K bulbs. 4300 is natural sunlight and 6000 is more of a glaring white. Lumens is what matters and also how the light is projected. Yes, lumens are decreased when you climb the spectrum scale. I've spent countless hours on this subject in other forums. You really gonna try to bash on the thread. You prolly the guy who has something bad to say about everything right?

You didn't answer my question.

You didn't answer my question.

Sure I did...

I will still have much better light than OEM at 35 watts with 6K bulbs which by the way will be tossed out on delivery as I have already ordered my new Phillips bulbs. Pro Lighting doesnt even offer the 4300K. If the kit doesnt live up to my expectations, then I will send it back and move on. Pro Lighting is happy to take returns.

I asked and they sell 6K and above.

Sure I did...

I asked and they sell 6K and above.

Really? Okay man. After I posted that you didn't and you went back and edited it, sure, you did. Your electrical can't handle 4a per ballast? But that's beside the point, which again you missed if you're even considering 8000k bulbs that this knowledgeable company would have willingly sold you.

Yeah, I'll continue making babies cry if that's what it takes to get people to make intelligent posts/decisions.

Really? Okay man. After I posted that you didn't and you went back and edited it, sure, you did. Your electrical can't handle 4a per ballast? But that's beside the point, which again you missed if you're even considering 8000k bulbs that this knowledgeable company would have willingly sold you.

Yeah, I'll continue making babies cry if that's what it takes to get people to make intelligent posts/decisions.

Are you seriously arguing on a forum and better yet about HID...piss off..Nothing was edited. This topic wasn't created so you could sit in front of your keyboard and act like you know something. Stay out of the thread if your going to be a chump.

Admins...just delete this thread. Screw contibuting if I have to sit and listen to dweebs argue on a forum. This is hobby for me and I can live without the BS on a forum or anywhere for that matter.

Are you seriously arguing on a forum and better yet about HID...piss off..Nothing was edited. This topic wasn't created so you could sit in front of your keyboard and act like you know something. Stay out of the thread if your going to be a chump.

Wow, you really are a tool. I quoted your exact post before you edited it. Yes, delete the thread, or rather your account if you're going to be such an ignoramus. You already agreed with me that 4300k has more output apples to apples and the higher you go the more glaring you get (blue light). So tell me - why would anyone buy 6000k or above HIDs and why would anyone knowledgeable on the subject buy and/or sell them, other than to be some homo boy ricer who doesn't know jack from shit about it?

Wow, you really are a tool. I quoted your exact post before you edited it. Yes, delete the thread, or rather your account if you're going to be such an ignoramus. You already agreed with me that 4300k has more output apples to apples and the higher you go the more glaring you get (blue light). So tell me - why would anyone buy 6000k or above HIDs and why would anyone knowledgeable on the subject buy and/or sell them, other than to be some homo boy ricer who doesn't know jack from shit about it?

OK...internet tough guy...hahahaha...your right...do you feel better now!

I have no reason to lie or did I lie on this post..Just becuase I edit a post for spelling or anything else is beside the point. I have nothing to prove to any of you period. Again, if you would like to continue your crap, its falling on deaf ears. Could give a shit less what you two think...really...Go do something. Admins...delete my thread..this is now useless.

^^ you sir are a idiot stuff like that should get you banned right their.... and you go around starting threads to ban other people??? this guys actually trying contribute to the datsun community and you guys come here to shit on him WOW!!!

matts the dumb ass i really wanted to see the lights.....