Straight pipe

Bleach

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure spools faster! that's for sure. I think that cat causes some serious backpressure at 9psi and that's why the back end flies off.

I got the pipe back on and I checked all the exhaust manifold bolts. All of them were loose. so I tightened those up and the car is running much better. Hopefully I get some mpg back

There was once a time not too long ago that a muffler fell off of my car. Mufflers are overrated. Anyhow some guy with a lavender colored car snatched up right off the parking lot floor.

Yeah datsuns are better heard than seen (o and some oldschool nissans :) )

It sure spools faster! that's for sure. I think that cat causes some serious backpressure at 9psi and that's why the back end flies off.

I got the pipe back on and I checked all the exhaust manifold bolts. All of them were loose. so I tightened those up and the car is running much better. Hopefully I get some mpg back

I thought you passed the last emissions you will ever have to do? maybe you could just remove the cat and just run a muffler, or just a straight pipe :eek:

I thought you passed the last emissions you will ever have to do? maybe you could just remove the cat and just run a muffler, or just a straight pipe :eek:

yes, that is my ultimate goal. I ended up losing the downpipe I had so I might need to make my own. Do you think we could build one out of two 45 deg pipes? Then just connect that to the exhaust pipe I have but run straight pipe where the cat and resonator are now. Just keep the bends over the axel and the Flowmaster. That should work.

There was once a time not too long ago that a muffler fell off of my car. Mufflers are overrated. Anyhow some guy with a lavender colored car snatched up right off the parking lot floor.

I think he took it to The Element and beat some DnB kids over the head with it... anyway, legend has it that it still roams the streets of Seattle looking for a blue 200SX