Jesse C.

Aftermarket Wiring Kits, who has done it?

if possible fix what you got. I seen to many cars get wired pulled and never fixed again.

Most people cant fix(figure out) the turns signal wiring with the flasher units. yet along all the temp and fuel gauge ect....

I ended up using the EZ Wiring Harness and it works great. Car is still not done, but, the wiring is! 

I ended up using the EZ Wiring Harness and it works great. Car is still not done, but, the wiring is! 

Okay so I'm thinking about doing a complete rewire on my 521. its my first time doing anything electrical so this may be a dumb question.... do I have to keep anything at all from the factory harness or will the EZ wiring harness have the necessary relays and such??

That sounds a little ambitious for some one doing wiring for the first time...

Whats your reasoning?

Most of those ez harness are set up for all the main circuits from what I've seen but I could be wrong....

Is this a stock or relatively stock 521? If so I can think of one things the voltage regulator and probably some other small secondary things....

If you decide to still try it please do two things to help yourself... don't butcher the stock harness taking it out... you'll want that for reference, and pictures and notes because some of the wiring diagrams are not quite right... good luck if you proceed....

Did you have any trouble hooking into the column?  All the kits I see have a GM column plug on them.  I want to keep my factory column.

Thanks, Erik

dont do it.

what not working on yours?

you really think your fuel gauge and temp gauge is really going to work and the turn signals when your done? Most people cant figure it out when the wires are already there whhen they dont work

I have already put all Autometer guages in my wagon. I am having issues with the alternator charging in my car.

putting gauges in is differnt as your by passing the orginal wiring since yournot using the orginal gauges..

charging goes thru the instrument panel(igntion light) and needs 12volt to power the stock type alternator when key on unless you get a self exciting alternator.