Fender flares for a roadster?

Spades

We have been slowly working on my boss' 68 roadster, and we started on the body. under several inches of cracked bondo, we found hacked and cut sheet metal bent outwards, with tons of bondo piled on top to make the flares.

I am wondering if anyone makes fiberglass fender flares, either specifically for a roadster or that can be modified to fit a roadster.

If I can find some flares, I will either weld or solder the sheetmetal back and then use a fiberglass flare.

I did a quick search on google but did not turn up anything.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been slowly working on my boss' 68 roadster, and we started on the body. under several inches of cracked bondo, we found hacked and cut sheet metal bent outwards, with tons of bondo piled on top to make the flares.

I am wondering if anyone makes fiberglass fender flares, either specifically for a roadster or that can be modified to fit a roadster.

If I can find some flares, I will either weld or solder the sheetmetal back and then use a fiberglass flare.

I did a quick search on google but did not turn up anything.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Spade,

Are you a member of the Roadster forum? I'm sure there is someone who can help you if you join. Here's the link:

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Steve Harvey

Milwaukee

Discussed several times on the 311s.org forums. Search there.

Sorry I did not search there...I guess that's cause I don't own a roadster so I never go there, I do hope you don't mind me cluttering your forum here...I just needed a quick couple links to some after market fenders. I suppose if the moderators find this a useless topic they will lock it.

I do appreciate those who replied, I have a few companies to check out, thank you again!

No big deal. Always amazed when folks ask roadster questions without checking the roadster mailing list or 311s.org forums. If you Google on "Datsun roadster", 311s.org is the third or fourth result.

I think there are a few of them that aren't on either lol though they are pretty easy to find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...