Datsunville finishing lost 1969 2 door project

Victory and I decided to start a build. To see if we could get more interest in a clean 69 2 door nobody has wanted. My painting business is slow and we have a lot of time and Datsun resources. It is fun to see what others don't in a Datsun. I could not figure out if we should put this under Datsuns for sale or projects. This Car is for sale as we go, until we have a finished drivable car. If someone wanted to buy this car now, it is for sale. We are planning a pearl red base clear, and undecided on how far we will take it. Might go as far as putting this car on our rotisserie. Day 1 was very successful. Always amazes me how much work you can get done if you try. By next week (weather depending) we should have most the car sand blasted and ready to start welding on the engine bay etc.
DSCN0826.jpg
This is how we got the gem, $500
P1010022.jpg
At the shop with some sanding started
P1010046.jpg
Victory with a sander, she sanded most of this complete car in a day.
P1010053.jpg
P1010058.jpg
Grinding off the smashed front apron.
P1010066.jpg
Holey heavy metal Batman.
P1010067.jpg
We got this Robin, we will be welding in another one.
P1010068.jpg
She's a maniac, and she is sanding like she's never sand before.
P1010069.jpg
End of day one

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna guess that as more work gets done the price is gonna go up accordingly i like this idea :D i kinda hope that it doesnt sel till its completed i wanna see what you guys do with it and your in sac i you need a hand sanding or somthing let me know

We had it for sale for $800, so the money for time thing at thing point, does not pay off.

But Datsuns are fun :D Here are a few cars we have finished for other people in the last few years.

P1010024.jpg

David Witts 510

D99.jpg

Daniel Tredways 68 4 door< He works with Dan at DGR, they did the SR20DET install for this paint job

P10100272.jpg

Scott Geers 2 door

P1010025.jpg

For you wagon folks, Chris' shaved BRE goon

That is a small taste.

Wow Day 2 was a little different. We did something i had been wanting to do, but knew it would be a big job.

DSCN0862.jpg

Ha Ha the starting of a checkered wall in the shop, WOW WTF were we thinking

DSCN0866.jpg

Then our best man Tom came over with rock star and jauguer (misspelled)

DSCN0870.jpg

The next day was the surprise

DSCN0877.jpg

Trying to make since of our not so straight lines

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on it, but just took a trip to the big O, Oregon had to pick up a goon.

The car is now on a rotisserie. Funny thing, I bumped the rotisserie with my trailer the other day. And it started to roll down the drive way (we are on a hill). The wife being shera in her flip flops decides she better save this dime from sure disaster. (i'm still in the truck). I get out of the truck, she skiing down the driveway attached to the rotisserie. In the end the car almost flipped on its side, but did not, and all is good. Here is pic from a week ago

DSCN1013.jpg

• 1 month later...

Can we say UPDATE, about fucking time. So the sun is out and we are ready to kick it in to gear. So Datsun head Victory decide to get some work done. And here are the pics to show her off.

DSCN1484.jpg

Cleaning the bad stuff off with Purple cleaner and elbow grease

DSCN1490.jpg

Then we break out the pressure washer, ha ha

DSCN1494.jpg

Let The Big Johnson show you how it is done

DSCN1503.jpg

Now that it is clean, we will start sandblasting soon.

• Like 1

Sand blasting was going quick but we ran out of day light. We are going to finish up most of it when i get off this computer. It is going to rain soon, so we are going to do as much as we can then try to cover it or put it in the shop.

DSCN1508.jpg

DSCN1512.jpg

Sand blasting was going quick but we ran out of day light. We are going to finish up most of it when i get off this computer. It is going to rain soon, so we are going to do as much as we can then try to cover it or put it in the shop.

DSCN1508.jpg

DSCN1512.jpg

nice coupe back der James...lol..glad it worked out for you cant wait to see it goin...

We own one coupe, 7 2 door sedans, 1 wagon, and 1 4 door. We did sell the NA SR20 powered green Bluebird coupe last August. We really missed it so we bought another coupe in Jan.

Funny thing about working together with the wife, we do great together on 510s and around the house. But when we work together in house painting we get on each other nerves.

I have only bought coupes that are already in the US, but i heard it is getting more and more expensive to import them or Skylines.