79 310 - what 5 speed did it come with?

rbastedo

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what i found

The Datsun 310 was introduced in 1979, replacing the F10. The 310 shared the same engine/transaxle as the F10 (by 1979 it was the A15). The 310 went through several small design changes, becoming a very "Modern" car inside- the dash and engine of teh final model looked like something found in a mid-80s Nissan. In 1982 the 310 recieved the "New" Nissan engine- the E15 OHC engine. This engine was Nissan's first engine with a timing belt instead of a chain, and bore only a minor similarity to the A15 from which it was derived. This engine would last through the 80s as the E16 in Nissan Pulsars and Sentras. The 310 was replaced in 1983 by the Nissan "NX1600" Pulsar

Thanks, I found my old 310 Haynes manual and it lists the 5 speed tranny as a F5WF60A.

Reading further it looks like it has a differential either built in or connected to the gearbox, I suppose mounting transaxle is easier that way... ;)

This doesn't sound like something I could very easily transplant into my MG Midget.

It might bolt up to the back of my A15 motor, but from there back would just be strange and likely not fit.

Unless it has parts that would fit my type 60 dogleg tranny that needs a rebuild.

Sounds like way too many variables.

The B-210 became just the 210 in '79. For the '79 sedan, coupe and wagon, only the A14 motor got the FS5W69A 5 speed and were all RWD.

So is the seller wrong about the year, the number of gears, the model, or the FWD part?

Or all the above, maybe he's really selling a Subaru!!!

Oh wait - no he isn't saying its a 210 - he says its a 310