Starting Ritual

Cruzn620

ok, i have my truck running well, holding an idle and you know what i did today? i freaking drove it!!! ok, the only problem i am having now is that it will not start unless i turn the dizzy the opposite way it was when i tried to crank it. ok, say it is in the middle of the notch when i try to start it...it won't start. if i move it all the way left of all the way right...it will start. lets say i leave it all the way left, shut it off...i'll have to twist it all the way right the next time i start it. what is up with that? all the vacuum lines that i know of are hooked up, the PO plugged others, i'm not sure what to do now, but its annoying. thanks for the help!!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mike, i'll check that as soon as i get done hunting in the morning. i also popped the hose running to the heater core, have to replace that in the morning, and i have some calipers frozen up which needs fixing...but man its oh-so-close! THANKS AGAIN!

Those calipers were used from '78 through the '83 720 trucks and the '79 200sx (maybe earlier). The '84 720s had a nice up grade to vented rotors and larger caliper. I believe they fit a 620 but you may have to get the whole spindle with it.

ok, i have my truck running well, holding an idle and you know what i did today? i freaking drove it!!! ok, the only problem i am having now is that it will not start unless i turn the dizzy the opposite way it was when i tried to crank it. ok, say it is in the middle of the notch when i try to start it...it won't start. if i move it all the way left of all the way right...it will start. lets say i leave it all the way left, shut it off...i'll have to twist it all the way right the next time i start it. what is up with that? all the vacuum lines that i know of are hooked up, the PO plugged others, i'm not sure what to do now, but its annoying. thanks for the help!!!

Dude thats weird!! Have you set the timing? Or are these just educated guesses? :D hehe Not that I'm any good with L motors but I can act like it right? :D

its an eletronic ignition...brand new dizzy too. i think i have it set right now. the motor just seems "tight". it will crank fast then "wham!" stop. if you keep the key turning over, it would spin until it fired up, but my starter was smoking! i had it all set to where it would start and run right, then my uncle started messing with it, trying to get it perfect and i was back at square one...but i have some other issues with it too...check the other thread i posted!