280zx brackets

Jphooten

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: okay this is how a broke guy does it :blink:

1 cut the mounting bracket off the 280zx rear arms with a band saw from the top to the bottom you want to cut threw the hub and all so when your done to and a plate with a hole in it. now it wont fit over the 510 rear hub then i took and put the rotor on held the caliper in place with some clamps.Then we made a make where on top of where the drum brake backing plate was cut the 280 zx mount to"SIT ON TOP" of where the backing plate was and weld it on.

I Have had this done 3 years ago and have had no problems at all actually the car stop more level now. Also my 510 is a track only car so it has held up in extreme braking.

zxbrakeswap001.jpg

zxbrakeswap003.jpg

works for me :P

I guess I posted this in the wrong forum...so here we go again. I have a 1972 Datsun 510; I want to put 280zx rear brakes on it. Does anyone make the rear brackets for a direct bolt on? Or does anyone know anyone that makes them? Thanks.

hey i make the brackets out of solid 6061 aluminum for $125.00 a set let me know if you want to see them thanks j.c.
  • 4 weeks later...

hey i make the brackets out of solid 6061 aluminum for $125.00 a set let me know if you want to see them thanks j.c.

Bum deal. Apparently this guy makes brackets for 200sx rear calipers.. must not have read the post all the way through. <_<