tension control rods

john510

I chatted with a guy that used to circle track race 510's (very sad to see some of the cars :) ) He said the version that Duke and others have done are awesome but don't handle the stress of a wreck as good as one would think. He said he never had one fail unless the wheel hit something pretty hard, hard enough where the last thing he was worried about was the TC rod. I want to make some!

I want to make some Too! You & Frank got any extra over there to experiment with? Oh any any local / near Everett peeps know of a good machine shop to use? I have a die set but dunno if I want to hand die them...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a company, I think in Australia that makes suspension bushings that are supposed to be soft like rubber but stiff like poly. I have a link somewhere but can't locate it now. The bushings are blue in color and not cheap but I remember reading about them and they seemed like they would be great on a 510.

Anyone know which ones I am talking about?

There is a company, I think in Australia that makes suspension bushings that are supposed to be soft like rubber but stiff like poly. I have a link somewhere but can't locate it now. The bushings are blue in color and not cheap but I remember reading about them and they seemed like they would be great on a 510.

I think that was Noltec Suspension but it looks like they are out of business. I found this Site with pictures of them but cant find them for sale... I hear good things about them :)

I think that was Noltec Suspension but it looks like they are out of business. I found this Site with pictures of them but cant find them for sale... I hear good things about them :)

That is them. Out of business? Too bad. Seemed like a good product.

I looked on their websites last night but did not see them. There is an ebay seller that has alot of Noltec stuff so I may try to send them an email.

we still stock these bushes.

However the material that noltec was using was found to be hygroscopic and failed in

tropical climates.

The moulds that noltec used were the best on the market for fitment.

The noltec moulds were sold to another company who now produces the bushes with a superior urethane.

The durometer is similar. we now supply these bushes with all our kits.

we are not listing these bushes on the site as yet as we are negotiating a deal.

note that we do not recommend the other popular brand available in OZ as the fitments

vary in the bushes & in some the crush tubes are incorrect length.

You mean they dont absorb water? God figure lol

No, it means that they do absorb water. That is why they don't do well in tropical climates.

Interestingly, the recent gas pedal problems at Toyota were caused by the exact same thing.

http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/superpro.html