Help identifying cam

papasmurf

So I just got a chance to look over the new engine I got for my Z. It's an l28 with an n42 head and the cam shaft is not stock. Yay maybe it's better maybe I scored big time well I don't know yet because I can't for the life of me figure out who made it and what it's specs are. So here are the clues I have gathered so far:

has stamped on it between the lobes "D2" and "CWC" on the end what I can only assume is the grind number is "686".

Google has turned up nothing, I posted on hybridz and have yet to recieve a good answer so I'm turning to you. Be my detectives crack the case guys. I wanna find out some specs and know wether or not I scored here and if it's worth using this cam over the stock.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe that the "cwc" is a Schneider brand cam and might be a regrind and not a new cam. contact schneider and give them the #. they will give you the specs.

if it is a regrind. you will have to. No Exceptions. use a degree wheel to install it correctly. Regrinds can be 10-12 degrees off from factory spec and sometimes {most of the time} need an adjustable cam sprocket to get the cam timing perfect. my personal experiances.

peace

tc

I have a schneider and a Webcamshaft

both have CWC on there so maybe is a Master casting from one company.

Comp cams

elgin

Isky (dont think theres has a CWC but never seen a new one up close)

sometimes its kinda hard to search their websites and figure this out

I didnt know Elgin and Comp cams still made nissan camshfts myself.

Most others are regrinds. who know?????????

Basic is measure with a caliper the lobe then measure 90 deg to get lobe lift subtract the difference (be like .277 )then multiply by 1.48(1.5)

.277x1.48=.409 valve lift. this would be close to stock specs

duration ???youll need a degree wheel.

April parts 002.jpg webcamshafts_thumb.jpg