1968 Datsun 510 4 Door - Norcal, rust free

Hey Guys. Here's the deal I sold my 710 wagon a couple months ago, and had a serious desire for a datsun 510 4 door. After some serious searching, i came across this VERY clean 4 door out in arizona. I paid $3350 for it, and had it shipped here for an additional cost of $450. Unfortunately, I've completely lost the passion for the car. I keep making excuses that i don't have time to do little things on it, but teruth is, this just isnt the car for me. That being said, i'm looking to unload it before i register it in CA. I'm looking to get what i paid for it, minus shipping. I'll even throw in an HID kit, and a pair of 280zx struts.

There's a bunch of little things that need to be done, and it's no big deal. I'm just not motivated.

I'll update the list as i think of more stuff.

The good:

*L16 with dogleg 5 speed.

*weber downdraft

*All new seals/rubbers (some still need to be put on)

*New carpet

*New headliner

*New seat upholstery

*Rear seat delete with nice carpet

*NO Rust

*Clean glass

*Shelby wheels

*PPG matte black paint (not primer!)

The bad:

*headlights/signals need to be wired up

*needs new battery.

*needs wiring under the hood redone or cleaned up

*Speedo doesn't work

*heater disconnected

*needs ignition switch and headlights switch installed in dash.

*Wiper delete. I can source you a complete wiper assembly cheap if need be.

68032.jpg

68037.jpg

68036.jpg

68033.jpg

68030.jpg

68027.jpg

68025.jpg

68023.jpg

68022.jpg

68021.jpg

68018.jpg

68006.jpg

68005.jpg

68001.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey rustrocket, not trying to hijack your for sale thread but I have some more more views of this car that the PO from AZ sent along aswell as some of his comments on the car itself. Looks to be pretty clean, too bad you don't have the motivation to clean up, looks like you can do it as you go along as long as it's a running ride. Good luck with the sale!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PO said: "I do not have the side arrow marker, hood trim, grill trim, or wipers. I do have the door handle and lock as well as all the window rubbers and trim pieces.

The headliner is brand new and was done at the same time as the rest of the interior.

Mechanically the car is reliable. It always starts right up with no smoke and runs like a top. The syncros on the trans are showing some wear. If you shift slowly it does not grind. The car can be driven as is but if I was going to make it a full time daily driver I would probably put a couple syncros in it."

68002.jpg

68004.jpg

68008.jpg

68009.jpg

68015.jpg

68017.jpg

68020.jpg

68029.jpg

Thanks fo much for the extra pics and info. Always helps.

The thing is, i LOVE this car. But between working 55-60 hours a week, all i really want to do with my free time is spend it with my lady and having fun. I'm tired of paying people to work on my stuff too, which is what would happen if i were to continue with this project, at least for the engine swap. Electrical and suspension i could take care of.

Hell, if somebody gives me a good enough reason to keep it, i'll fix it up over the next few months and have fun with it. :-)

Hey rustrocket, not trying to hijack your for sale thread but I have some more more views of this car that the PO from AZ sent along aswell as some of his comments on the car itself. Looks to be pretty clean, too bad you don't have the motivation to clean up, looks like you can do it as you go along as long as it's a running ride. Good luck with the sale!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PO said: "I do not have the side arrow marker, hood trim, grill trim, or wipers. I do have the door handle and lock as well as all the window rubbers and trim pieces.

The headliner is brand new and was done at the same time as the rest of the interior.

Mechanically the car is reliable. It always starts right up with no smoke and runs like a top. The syncros on the trans are showing some wear. If you shift slowly it does not grind. The car can be driven as is but if I was going to make it a full time daily driver I would probably put a couple syncros in it."

68002.jpg

68004.jpg

68008.jpg

68009.jpg

68015.jpg

68017.jpg

68020.jpg

68029.jpg

Dammit effin' dammit.

I had planned to go look at this one (20 miles from me), even had an appointment with the seller, and wound up having some emergency surgery the day before... Wondered what happened to it.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

AZhitman you have to have something you can trade for it.

The pisser of it is this:

The PO and I had agreed on my 02 Crown Vic Interceptor + $1k... Since I missed the deal, I sold the Interceptor.

Grrr.

I'd trade my supercharged G35 Coupe for the dime (with a fat check in the glove box). :)

So is it a done deal with AZhitman? I noticed he lists a 68 510 on his signature on the realm. :P

If so, man that little 68's getting tired of the back and forth between CA and AZ, it says just pick a state will ya! :lol:

Like he needs another car. Still desperately trying to get my hands on my first 510, and this guys buying car# 9(?)

There's no "need" to it. I look at it this way - For what I'd spend on a reliable new DD, I can have 5 classic Datsuns AND still have money left over to maintain them. :)

• 3 months later...

I bought my ticket to fly up to San Fran on Sat, pick the car up and drive it down for Greg... lol

Sounds like it sold over 3 months ago...

Kevin: I know for a fact this car is sold,,,, , but next time you are about to post in a thread from last year,,,, ,, maybe send a PM to the seller instead?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.