rear speakers in a coupe?

dozenhundred

Just looking for ideas for rear speakers. Don't really want a big box back there. Don't need a big thumpin system either, I already have hearing loss. Just something like 6 1/2 since I have a pair sitting around. I was thinking of building a box that would actually bolt to the side behind the seat where the shoulder belts would go. What other things have been done? Any ideas?

Also I will be posting a parts add in a few minutes, please take a look and let me know if you are interested.

Kelly

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking for ideas for rear speakers. Don't really want a big box back there. Don't need a big thumpin system either, I already have hearing loss. Just something like 6 1/2 since I have a pair sitting around. I was thinking of building a box that would actually bolt to the side behind the seat where the shoulder belts would go. What other things have been done? Any ideas?

Also I will be posting a parts add in a few minutes, please take a look and let me know if you are interested.

Kelly

Whats up Kelly, how you've been? long time no talk. Anyways, the aftermaket makes those plastic enclosures to install 6x9 speakers, you could bolt those up, and using the 6 1/2's up front. Just an idea

Hey Jorge, hope you're well. I pulled the 6 1/2 inchers that you had in it out and put some 5 1/4 inchers up front. I want something in the rear. I will likely build or buy a box I can mount the 6 1/2's in for the rear. Just haven't had time.

Thanks DRIVEN, hadn't thought about the side panels. Mine are not in the best of shape tho. I wiil give some thought to making new ones out of some thicker material.

I did a box with 6x9's in my first 1200back in 1980. Worked and sounded good, but I don't want to use up the space this time. I seem to remember the grille problem too now that you mention it Driven, thanks for the reminder, I likley would have learned the hard way. I'm leaning toward building boxes for the sides.

Thanks guys.

I have 6x9 speakers mounted behind the rear side panels. I used a piece of particle board cut to fit behind the metal frame and countersunk the speakers so the panels could be reinstalled. Since they were torn, I had them reupholstered and used speaker grille mesh to cover where the speakers are. I have 5 1/4's mounted in the kick panel area.

Mark