Where can I find a shifter bushing?

720Joe

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remove or take a good look at your shifter. If it looks like the top one it should work. The bottom one is a shifter used after '80 on most vehicles. I don't know what to say about the ad saying '83.

Top will work, bottom won't.

720shifter010Large.jpg

• Like 1

The whole idea of the new design is to have that much larger plastic surface to reduce wear. Well that and the fulcrum point is raised so it has a shorter throw.

Sure it's worn out? Excessive slop?

The two plastic parts you want are Nissan # 32855 Q0100 about $3 each.

The small plastic 'cup at the very bottom is Nissan # 32861 H7301 and are $1.50 well, in 2002 they were. Ask for '83 and up.

• Like 1

If you are saying that you are replacing it with a Hardbody 5 spd, I can tell you that it is longer than the one you have by a couple of inches.

The 720s used two different lengths. Even if you have the longest one it will be shorter than the Hardbody.

That's fine, I'm not expecting it to be drop in, I'm prepared to shorten a driveshaft. The main part I'm worried about is the transmission crossmember fitting, or atleast how well it will/won't.

I have everything from the hb. I'm hoping between the two something will work.

and yes, a hb trans is going in, backing a dohc.

The whole idea of the new design is to have that much larger plastic surface to reduce wear. Well that and the fulcrum point is raised so it has a shorter throw.

Sure it's worn out? Excessive slop?

The two plastic parts you want are Nissan # 32855 Q0100 about $3 each.

The small plastic 'cup at the very bottom is Nissan # 32861 H7301 and are $1.50 well, in 2002 they were. Ask for '83 and up.

Is the small plastic cup (lever ball bushing) the same for both shift levers? I need one for the top shift lever.