LAMF

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skib got my very own song sent to him via xbox live, never said a word about it.

That message was much like this post Totally ridiculous, and ill conceived.

Joe

hahahahahahahahaha :rofl: I forgot about that.....

I just remeber going ..... :huh: the fuck was that.

indeed, just like this thread.

Yeah... Ive been battling an intake sealing issue with my engine for a while. I though i had it nailed a couple of weeks ago, but the engine started running roughly again, (Chevy V8 in my datsun), after a while it progressed to some full on misfiring. So I changed the tired old plugs and wires, to no effect. The old plugs showed signs of running lean. Which i attributed to another leaky intake gasket. So i purchased a new intake manifold and gaskets. I went out today to make sure it was in fact a problem caused by the "made to fit" intake, I checked the vacuum on the engine... only to find 20 inches at idle, and 25 on transition before dropping. Facepalm.

YEs facepalm. Like this thread is a facepalm.

My z280 may never run right again, maybe if i swap my v8 out for an 8v... yeah. an 8v.

Joe

Guest kamakazi620

Yeah... Ive been battling an intake sealing issue with my engine for a while. I though i had it nailed a couple of weeks ago, but the engine started running roughly again, (Chevy V8 in my datsun), after a while it progressed to some full on misfiring. So I changed the tired old plugs and wires, to no effect. The old plugs showed signs of running lean. Which i attributed to another leaky intake gasket. So i purchased a new intake manifold and gaskets. I went out today to make sure it was in fact a problem caused by the "made to fit" intake, I checked the vacuum on the engine... only to find 20lbs at idle, and 25 on transition before dropping. Facepalm.

YEs facepalm. Like this thread is a facepalm.

My z280 may never run right again, maybe if i swap my v8 out for an 8v... yeah. an 8v.

Joe

That is F'n Funny!!! Datsun guys trying to work on chevy motors!!hahahaha,Did ya clean the Gaskets all the way off??? and for the end gaskets just throw them away and use permatex to seal it some people use silicone but that stuff sux,another? are the heads milled?? cuz if they are you gots to mill the intake as well or it will never seal right! :D

• Like 1
Guest kamakazi620

AH... Are you sure it isn't just another z280 thing? I thought maybe he was trying to type lmfao, and instead ended up with lamf. Which while it is like lamp, they are still fretty different.

Joe

Hahahahaha!!!! you rock dude!!! :D :D

• Like 1