help....removing clutch and flywheel off motor

cbattey224

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA not that funny umm... i got it off. the problem was when i took the pressure plate off the clutch plates didnt just come off the were stuck on the flywheel even when i pulled on them. the local shop has a clutch kit for 110 is that good or could i get away with just clutch plates

not a bad idea to get a new matching flywheel also...

...actually, it's a very good idea.

if the previous clutch plates were worn, the flywheel may not be flat, and will cause your new clutch to fail early.

Resurface the flywheel buy a clutch.

+1 , clutches are cheap enough to just buy a new cheap set for $95-$130 , might want to consider doing input shaft seal on the tranny as well while your in there ( clean out bellhousing with gas as well so crap doesn't get on the clutch ) , don't skimp on installing the new pilot bearing either from the new set.

Money's tight all over.

I'll let you in on the secret of life and you can have it for free...... When working on cars:

THERE'S NEVER ENOUGH TIME OR MONEY TO DO IT RIGHT...... BUT ALWAYS TIME TO DO IT OVER.

I know you're kidding, Mike, but I refuse to subscribe to that philosophy.

Well it's like "crime doesn't pay" (it can if not caught) it only applies when you take short cuts. Knowing this can prevent you from taking the short cut in the first place.

Nothing wrong with a short cut but after too many that bit me in the ass I now take a harder look at it.