High Idle ... sometimes.

AtomChurch

I have played with the idle screws and air.fuel mixture and got the best i can get. my L20 runs fine sometimes but usually about 10 minutes into driving it will idle high, sometimes really high.

the two things i was thinking was if it has an electric choke which it might there are wires that i just cut off to pull the engine out of my other car, maybe thats malfunctioning since its not even hooked up.

and the other thing is, my fuel return line is not hooked up, and i was thinking maybe i was running a little hot and the fuel was able to feed back into the engine and burn more from just the excess heat and thus making it idle high. but i don;t know for sure.

these are probably lame attempts to solve a problem i wouldnt have if i ever read the 10 datsun haynes books that i own, or spent the time to connect everything before i drive the cars i am working on. but what can i sat, datsuns are too tempting to finish first before you drive them.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic