• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes sir, got them last year.

they are 14x7

might be for sale but not sure yet

Very cool! Actually the reason I started looking is that the '59 is a 6-lug vehicle! And I was curious what is out there that might look good. I wouldn't put real modern looking rims on there so most of these wouldn't work. They just wouldn't look right!

The challenge I have discovered is that I need a really skinny wheel for teh '59, or one with a lot of positive offset, like a FWD wheel. Not so easy to find in a 6-lug I am finding. (And I want it to stay 6-lug!) Certainly pretty hard to find in a classic wheel (Other than a smoothie). Which is why I do find the 'SUPER FORGED' slots in this thread pretty interesting.

I am lucky enough to have all the original wheel and caps for the '59, so that is a bonus for sure. But I'd love some old slot mags, artillery wheels, centerlines, or 6lug/spoke torq thrusts for those days I am wanting a different, more aggressive look!

For giggles I threw my 17" 1935 Chevy artillery wheels on it yesterday. WAY TOO BIG! I'd need a set of 15" for sure.

In the end I will probably get some skinny 4" slots and have them filled and redrilled for 6-lug, or get some wide 6-lugs narrowed. Both viable options, but it sure is fun to dig around! Here are some slots I photoshopped on to someone else's '59. (I really like this color too!) In reality these wheels would stick out about an inch or more from the side of the car!

l210w-SlottedMagsSmall.jpg

Since we are talking a bit more classic.

Almost went by these thinking they were simple steelies with baby moons. But there all aluminum I guess? Pretty neat. I don't know if these are a Mooneyes Japan only thing, or US too. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if a few US makers were doing it, but thought I'd post it anyway since we are talking ol skool! They are over $1000 so I know we are talking more than just steelies with some caps and trim.

Moon Baby (aluminum wheels) Size: 7.0J-16 139.7/6H offset +38 Color: Black rim polished disks

faith00zero-img600x450-1256531544ov.jpgfaith00zero-img600x450-1256531544si.jpgfaith00zero-img600x450-1256531544dk.jpg

More shots of a 16" thrust with a fat offset. Thrust / Six four Magugure 7.0-16 +38 6H-139.7 (new) product details: 200 private Hiace

pipelinetokyo-img135x160-1177493437.jpgpipelinetokyo-img600x450-1177638786.jpgpipelinetokyo-img403x225-1177493521.jpg

Another slot with massive offset. I do have to admit they'd look a lot better with some dish to them.

600x450-2010011500049.jpg600x450-2010011500050.jpg600x450-2010011500051.jpg

Very cool! Actually the reason I started looking is that the '59 is a 6-lug vehicle! And I was curious what is out there that might look good. I wouldn't put real modern looking rims on there so most of these wouldn't work. They just wouldn't look right!

The challenge I have discovered is that I need a really skinny wheel for teh '59, or one with a lot of positive offset, like a FWD wheel. Not so easy to find in a 6-lug I am finding. (And I want it to stay 6-lug!) Certainly pretty hard to find in a classic wheel (Other than a smoothie). Which is why I do find the 'SUPER FORGED' slots in this thread pretty interesting.

I am lucky enough to have all the original wheel and caps for the '59, so that is a bonus for sure. But I'd love some old slot mags, artillery wheels, centerlines, or 6lug/spoke torq thrusts for those days I am wanting a different, more aggressive look!

For giggles I threw my 17" 1935 Chevy artillery wheels on it yesterday. WAY TOO BIG! I'd need a set of 15" for sure.

In the end I will probably get some skinny 4" slots and have them filled and redrilled for 6-lug, or get some wide 6-lugs narrowed. Both viable options, but it sure is fun to dig around! Here are some slots I photoshopped on to someone else's '59. (I really like this color too!) In reality these wheels would stick out about an inch or more from the side of the car!

l210w-SlottedMagsSmall.jpg

Why don't you get a 2 piece wheel and find a new correct "ring" for it. I think they can even be made out of Metal and be chromed out? Just get any style that is 2 piece no matter how wide it is. As long as you like it.

BTW guys, Not a JDM wheel, BUT, Summit Racing is now selling a 6 spoke torque thrust too!! It is 17X8" which is a nice size. Offset up to +19. American racing torq thrust STs use to have an 18" but usually I only see 20+ these days.

These 17" Summits would be sic on a 521!!! I'd like smaller for the '59 though.

Summit 141 legend 6

sum-141-7883gm19_w.jpg

can we get these in 6 bolt , sorry to tarnish this thead with such awfull rims :unsure:

omg.jpg

Oh god I threw up in my mouth a litte! Then laughed. That is almost as bad as putting 'Man-tits' in the 'post-tits' thread!! :rofl: Though If my 7 yr old Daughter ever sees these, I will never hear the end of it!!!! "Daddy, they would look so good on your Datsun, please daddy!" While I am at it I will paint it bubblegum pink! :sick:

• Like 1

Why don't you get a 2 piece wheel and find a new correct "ring" for it. I think they can even be made out of Metal and be chromed out? Just get any style that is 2 piece no matter how wide it is. As long as you like it.

I had no idea they could do that! I've heard of banded wheels to make them wider, but putting an old center in a new ring is pretty damn cool! And I love a wide 5 for sure!

Oh god I threw up in my mouth a litte! Then laughed. That is almost as bad as putting 'Man-tits' in the 'post-tits' thread!!

that sounds like me :lol: :lol: this is the second time I see these wheels my old neighbor had em on his 4 door integra..

u guys should check out roadkill customs. they have 6 to 5 lug adapters, it would be easier to find a nice set of wheels... roadkill customs

Guest kamakazi620

Adapters are a bandaid for a scar,if ya want 5 lug covert it,my friend had adapters on his paasat wagon to fit audi tt wheels on it,he had more problems than i care to discuss wheels coming lose etc...Les shwab would not even touch his car cause of the adapters.I think the only adapters to use are the ones on daytons or True Knock off wheels.

not gonna lie...... if they come in 15x9-10 Id roll em on the Z

Pink! Damn now I did puke all over my keyboard! Kidding aside, they must be quite an engineering feat. Since it is an a-symetrical design, balancing them would have been a total 'bear'! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...