Tools

gonna need someone to drive the goon eh.. what events are you gettin into ? you gotta take classes? pay fees? whats the details there..?

racing in SCCA FP class, Solo and Hillclimb for offical events so far, and what ever track days I can afford.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so ya u gotta take classes? that shit is so fuckin expensive.. its depressing lol.. i'd rather just blow money making the car scary fast an take it to pir.. then have fun on the street haha

I think I need a drivers school for track days but I dont think I need anything like that for Solo and hilclimb since there single events,

Ill still be tkaing it on the street form time to time :rofl: shit will be scary

I carry a Kobalt 6 drawer top box when I need to lug shit around for mobile applications. It's a bit heavy, but has everything I need. Other than that, I just throw a select few in a bag.

As far as the Mastercraft go, I tend to shy away from cheaper tools, though I will make an exception for large sockets. I have a set of 1/2 impact sockets from harbor freight that I still haven't broken. And surprisingly, Schmucks/O'reillys brand of taiwanese sockets are actually pretty good quality.

Aside from that, I only use Craftsman, but almost none of their ratcheting anythings, save 3 professional line Craftsman ratchets (1/4, 3/8, and 1/2), which are the very fine tooth ones. The nicest I've found, the regular Craftsman ratchets are shit. Like a $40 drop gun. Sloppy action and break frequently.

GearWrenches (The actual name-brand) is still one of the best and most useful tools I've bought, also some of the Irwin lines, which now includes Vise-Grip, are quite good.

Most of my box is Craftsman, some Mac, and a few Snap-On items. I prefer Mac over Snap-On. I've broken too many Snap-On tools. It irritates me. I don't even care if the tools are guaranteed for life. I don't want them to break, period. Wrenches are a little different as they get boogered up with use, and I generally do a wrench return day at Sears every now and again.

I was in Home Depot (or was it Lowes?) the other day and saw these... I am so tempted to pick them up.

kobalt-through-rachet3.jpg

Kobalt’s Thru-Ratchet sockets and ratchets are hollow down the center, so they can fit over long bolts. Looks super rad to me... >.< Maybe i'm just a dork

gearwrench also makes those, i have had a set for about a year, no issues. The sockets/extension are pretty beefy so anything that is even slightly hard to get to you will not be able to use these hollow ratchets on.

anyone use sk tools or matco?

anyone use sk tools or matco?

both.

ive got at least 1 tool from every brand...

broken something from every brand too.

snap on is a PITA for exchanges, the truck / driver lives around the corner from my house too.

the majority is craftsman.

i try to 'upgrade' during replacement :mellow: