speedo stops at

Icehouse

I got my truck way past 100mph today, it stopped about half way in between the 100 and the "h" in mph. I was just wondering why it stops, I wanted to make it back to 0 hehe it was sweet :D Its funny the older I get the more stuff I think about a hight speeds like, the mono leaf or the driveline vibration, sometimes the tranny since it makes noise in first and second I bet it is in the rest of the gears I just can't hear it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a semi synthetic 90W in trans/transf/rear end. It's thin like 10W30.

In '79? my 71 truck froze in 4th gear, had to drive 60-70 miles home, including several 4th gear starts. (replaced)

Two years ago the 5 spd in my '78 620 refused to stay in 5th gear unless you held it in, followed a few hours later by second, doing the same. I replaced it with a Z car 5 spd I had been saving for three or four years in my shed. It was quiet, all the gears were where they were supposed to be, and the shifter gave a nice solid click into each gear. If I had known how good this one was or how bad the old one, I would have changed it long ago.

I've only destroyed one transmission. And Jeff saw the guts to that. That was just normal use behind a NAPS-Z24.

haha I still have the pics to prove it :D

dougstranny.jpg

dougbits.jpg

I was sad because the side I wanted was destroyed :(

Back in the day the BRE race team used half atf and half 80w90, For whatever reason, i'm not sure. However i have done it to every single tranny i have owned in the last 6 years and it works marvelously. I however use 25 to 33% ATF. It can really make an old tranny feel young again.

I got my truck way past 100mph today, it stopped about half way in between the 100 and the "h" in mph. I was just wondering why it stops, I wanted to make it back to 0 hehe it was sweet :D Its funny the older I get the more stuff I think about a hight speeds like, the mono leaf or the driveline vibration, sometimes the tranny since it makes noise in first and second I bet it is in the rest of the gears I just can't hear it.

Dude, Ice you're a freekin crazy man! Thats like a buck twenty five. What I want to know is does it have more???? I havent had mine above 30 yet. I need to get this thing road worthy. Not that I go that fast anyways. The mustang only touches 100 about once a week, and have only got it to 135. Limmited to 155, one day I'll hit it;)

Yeah I'm not much for fancy driving, I couldn't help but race a acura integra. We where about dead even the whole way. I wonder what he was thinking haha. Once I get it turboed my goal is to break the speedo :D or the engine haha

When you're young you don't give much thought to eternity. As you age more and more you begin to worry about spending forever listening to the sound of that driveshaft when it comes spinning up through the floor into the cab with you, after the tranny suddenly seizes and then explodes hot oil under the tires, which throws the truck sideways onto it's right side, ripping the rear axle off and dragging it, (appropriately and ironically) by the emergency brake cables. You hang in the seat belt watching the road slide towards you thinking "This can't be good"

(The last thing I want to hear is my g/f telling my how good I was. LOL)

Well like they say: "There's old pilots, and there's bold pilots. But, there's no old bold pilots"

Seriously, you're just getting wiser with age. And we want you around for a long time.