Carlos's Goon

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude that fucking sux.....i think i got a good pas fender ill let ya know 2marrow....you know what caused it?

please do!

thanks!!

i see the problem you used those cheep ass dangerous spacer's

Thats what I'm thinking! Them fucking things outta there now!!....

BUMMER ! ! !

Big time... :(

Why do those look like stock wheel studs???

I would never run ANY spacer without putting longer wheel studs in....... the fronts are easy...... rears: not easy

And don't tighten the lugs without a pry-bar and torque

indy is right !

carlos i used those same spacers once and they snap and crack when you torque down the wheels .

Do you know the part number for longer studs that will fit?

Hmmm, ARP lug studs (widely available, I get mine from Summit racing) -the ones for Camaro's are what I settled on. They are a different thread pitch, the pitch is used on Ho__da's (eek!). SO you'll need new nuts, but you'll probly want to go with open-ended nuts anyway.

I'll scrounge around and find the part ## - back soon -J

Try this Napa part number. I've bought longer 280zx studs before, I just don't have time to dig them out at 6am :) If I remember right, they should be a direct replacement....just longer. They're the rear studs. I know I've posted them before, just don't remember if it was here or on nwde.....either way, I have no clue....maybe the strut mod thread???

BK 6411629

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=BK_6411629_0244000810&An=599001+101982+50018+2018016

Hmmm, ARP lug studs (widely available, I get mine from Summit racing) -the ones for Camaro's are what I settled on. They are a different thread pitch, the pitch is used on Ho__da's (eek!). SO you'll need new nuts, but you'll probly want to go with open-ended nuts anyway.

I'll scrounge around and find the part ## - back soon -J

Thanks!

Try this Napa part number. I've bought longer 280zx studs before, I just don't have time to dig them out at 6am :) If I remember right, they should be a direct replacement....just longer. They're the rear studs. I know I've posted them before, just don't remember if it was here or on nwde.....either way, I have no clue....maybe the strut mod thread???

BK 6411629

http://www.napaonlin...2+50018+2018016

Ill check them out to.

Thanks!!

Thanks!

Ill check them out to.

Thanks!!

As promised, the ARP part # for the studs I use is 100-7708. It's a 12mm x 1.5 pitch stud for "late model GM wsk" It is about 2.5 inches long overall, protruding right at 2" past the knurl that sits in the hub flange. So if you measure "what's sticking out" of your current studs as they sit on the car, compare that to 2" for these.

The 280zx studs (above) are only a tiny bit longer than stock, and you'll need to pay attention to FRONT or REAR if you order some. They may be "longer enough" though, AND you'll be able to stay with the Nissan standard 12mm x 1.25 pitch so you can keep your lug nuts. Many go with "new nuts" anyway, open or otherwise, so it doesn't always make a difference. I've always switched over to these whenever I service a hub - they're very reasonable price and look cool in the yellow zinc dichromate finish. We've all seen our beloved Dat's with broken studs and I think new ones are cheap for the security.

FWIW I put these ARP's on my 240z as well. It held Panasports well (good thread engagement) but still fit under the stock hubcaps when I put the OE steel wheels on. Remember you'll need to get 1.5 thread pitch lug nuts, which are super-easy to find anywhere - cheap ones or nice ones.

Decided to try and sell one of my fiddy's to help fund my Datsun projects.

My link

I'll start with the only bad thing but, its really nothing.... It needs some cable lube to be sprayed down the throttle cable it sometimes sticks. It runs Really good! Starts within the first couple kicks. This thing is pretty quick it can almost keep up with my Big Bore XR50. I have the title in hand and the owners manual that will come with it. I recently put a brand new rear rim and tire on it about a week ago also. The brakes work really good, suspension is great, has a full tank of gas. Its ready to go!

Hate to sell it but, I need money for other projects.

Asking $350 Firm.

1265946216.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As promised, the ARP part # for the studs I use is 100-7708. It's a 12mm x 1.5 pitch stud for "late model GM wsk" It is about 2.5 inches long overall, protruding right at 2" past the knurl that sits in the hub flange. So if you measure "what's sticking out" of your current studs as they sit on the car, compare that to 2" for these.

The 280zx studs (above) are only a tiny bit longer than stock, and you'll need to pay attention to FRONT or REAR if you order some. They may be "longer enough" though, AND you'll be able to stay with the Nissan standard 12mm x 1.25 pitch so you can keep your lug nuts. Many go with "new nuts" anyway, open or otherwise, so it doesn't always make a difference. I've always switched over to these whenever I service a hub - they're very reasonable price and look cool in the yellow zinc dichromate finish. We've all seen our beloved Dat's with broken studs and I think new ones are cheap for the security.

FWIW I put these ARP's on my 240z as well. It held Panasports well (good thread engagement) but still fit under the stock hubcaps when I put the OE steel wheels on. Remember you'll need to get 1.5 thread pitch lug nuts, which are super-easy to find anywhere - cheap ones or nice ones.

The bike sold and I finally got those studs (100-7708). :thumbup:

Now I can't run my center caps though....:crying: