My island '74 710

datzenmike

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

crack free dash, lots of good parts in there

gotta ask, whats up with the crank in the side of the car?

Merlin responded...

.....I first saw this car about 10 years ago on your road.... the guy had it fiull of firewood, hence the hackjob to the rear... the jack handle through the drivers side quarter is where the guy had the swivel jack for his firewood dump box LOL!:rofl: :rofl: ....

• 1 month later...

Not much to update on my '74. It's set aside when bigger jobs show up and worked on in the spare time. I took up two hood for the body guy Terry to choose from. The old one will be too much work to weld up and he really like one of the ones I brought down.

After...

74710bodywork032Large.jpg

Before...

74710bodywork005Large.jpg

After...

74710bodywork031Large.jpg

Before...

74710bodywork009Large.jpg

After..

74710bodywork030Large.jpg

Before...

74710bodywork011Large.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Damn the weather just got nice!.... I'll clean the ones you gave me and see. Right now I'm working on the struts for the goon. Almost done. When they are on the car I can mount those rims. Nothing like that to inspire me.

I was told the '74 car would be primed soon but the Corvette needs to be finished first.

It looked ok but the water could get behind the chrome trim above the glass and sealer and rotted a hole there. I tried covering different parts of the windshield with a garbage bag and narrowed it down but couldn't see anything. I ran a bead of black urethane around the edge but, no go. I guess if you were to pull the trim you can see in there and seal it up. Welding it and sealing it proper is best.

The windshield is actually 'glued in' place. There is no rubber seal or weather strip.

• 1 month later...

Painter called to say he mixed up the colors and sprayed the '74 with the wrong one. Left over paint from another job went back in a can marked Black Cherry and.... this is the result.

74paintjob002Large.jpg

74paintjob003Large.jpg

74paintjob005Large.jpg

74paintjob004Large.jpg

Well my first thought was it was a bit light but the paint job is great. Mrs. d immediately dug her feet in and said i don't like it. So it will be repainted with the correct Chrysler Black Cherry.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Looks good Mike...

I think the metalic(pretty heavy for a fine) is taking away from the darkness of the colour Mike.

On a less sunny day or in the evening it will change alot

I think he called it pearl? but yeah it sure reflects. It's not what the boss ordered and it was just a mistake. Terry (our painter) was probably hoping she might like it. All I said was that it was a nice job. She heard 'I like the color'. It's no big deal and it will be finished before next weekend.

That close up is blurry and exaggerates the metallic. It's finer than that.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Is it a factory pearl colour?

Pearl does amazing things in different lighting.

I would take mrs d back and show her in a less than bright sunlight.

This paint was left over from another job. It was a Jeep but the color is Chrysler also. The pearl may have been added or stock? I don't know. Looking forward to a darker color. My wife said she wouldn't put that color on her nails.