Junkyard Roadster

bob72gts

I was at Pick a Part in Ontario CA This weekend and came across this roadster. The body is mostly too far gone, front fenders might be saveable, but the drivetrain is complete and it has a top. I ran the trans through the pattern it had 6 positions 5+R that makes this a 2000, right?

014-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

the air cleaner assembly is in the trunk

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

bumpers are a little rough but at least they are there

019-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

020.jpg

The last time I bought an engine and trans from this yard it cost $125 ea + core

no pics but the guage looked decent too

Good Luck

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm diggin' the '60-62 Rambler Classic right next to it...lol...

It's already in the yard, maybe pull everything that might be sell-able so someone else can use it?

I got a kick out of this initially. Ontario, CA(-lifornia) & Ontario, CA(-nada) are two very different climates right about now..

Edited by nukeday

It looks like a '70 2000. There are a lot of parts worth some money you could pull off of it. With the engine and transmission, I'd almost hate to see them go to waste but without knowing some kind of history it's hard to say if you'd get your money back out of them though I'd probably personally do it anyway. At the very least you could sell the engine in parts and most likely get what you put into it.

• 2 weeks later...
They hold cars for around a week. I dont think that car is there anymore. You can try?

No... I dont know were the yard is...

i hit these yards weekly, their cars usually sit for a month or more. i saw this car two weeks ago. the engine was picked up the next day. the carbs were picked up by another Ratsun member here. the yard is off Milliken just south of Jurupa ave or north of the 60 fwy in ontario calif.

SublimeDatsun610....thanks for the directions! Went there today 27/12 ...Did find the roadster...Like you said the engine and transmission were gone as well as the drums!

The hardtop rear glass was vandalized (broken) and missing the hinges! The dashboard was also vandalized...lot of little items are still there but pretty thrashed!

I saw a snug top for a ford ranger priced for $100...so i figure thats what they would want for the top!

I ended up getting the dash lid for my 210 and little things for my 200sx!

Will be there again first thing in the morning on the first...The cashier said to expect a LONG WAIT IN LINE ON THIS DAY!

SublimeDatsun610....thanks for the directions! Went there today 27/12 ...Did find the roadster...Like you said the engine and transmission were gone as well as the drums!

The hardtop rear glass was vandalized (broken) and missing the hinges! The dashboard was also vandalized...lot of little items are still there but pretty thrashed!

I saw a snug top for a ford ranger priced for $100...so i figure thats what they would want for the top!

I ended up getting the dash lid for my 210 and little things for my 200sx!

Will be there again first thing in the morning on the first...The cashier said to expect a LONG WAIT IN LINE ON THIS DAY!

I'd pay like maybe 25 bucks if it has broke glass lol those tops arent super rare and I'd take if for like that much.. anything more and I'd just save my pennies for a new one