Carb for a '78 620

Does anyone have a carborator for a '78 truck laying around? I'm getting a truck and it only needs a carb to run. It needs to run cause I'm shipping the truck and they charge extra if it doesn't run. I really would like a Weber cause that's what was on it before, but I'll take anything that will work.

Thanks,

-Jeff

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a plain old 32/36 DGV, manual choke, not sure what your truck comes with but you will need the 620 throttle linkage to make it work. It works fine, I got another carb thinking this one was bad... turns out my timing was off even though it looked dead on for base time, guess thats what happens when people mix and match a motor together and then sell it before finishing. Anyway, its a good carb, I thoroughly cleaned it, and found that the only thing "wrong" with it is a pin sized hole in the power valve diaphram, it works though and doesnt affect the performance that I see. "Datsun guru" Hainz says that it these thing should never need a rebuild but I would replace the diaphram if you plan on using it "long term"... but I'm a bit anal like that. Oh yeah, it needs an air cleaner but will run without it.

I think my truck is electric choke, but I'm not sure. Let me figure it out and I'll get back with you. I just need anything that will make it run to load and unload on a tractor trailer, preferably either cheap like an old stock one or a weber that is right for this truck. If anyone knows for sure if the manual choke would work long term or if its a bad choice please let me know.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.