John's wagon 'RE'build

I can't believe I haven't started a build thread on here yet?! This is actually my 'RE'build. (not rotary engine) :P

Crank

ry%3D400

plastigauging (i ended up not using the arp studs in the pic.)

ry%3D400

CP 9:1 and B.Crower rods

ry%3D400

Finally in after 3 different bearing combos to get all the clearances consistent.

ry%3D400

Need to get the head together now. I should have it back from the machine shop next week. Doing this build lil bit at a time seeing that money is a wee bit tight. ;P

Hmmm, now what color will I paint the Valve cover?

ry%3D400

As of 12/9/09

Upgraded the cam chain tensioners to the beefier updated versions.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Using a different crank pulley that isn't cracked and is a bit lighter. Balances out perfectly and still has factory 'harmonic damper'

ry%3D400

Guess the PO didn't know what finesse is. :P

ry%3D400

Upgraded to the late model SR oil strainer.

ry%3D400

It has a wider opening and better bracing.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Bling bling Moroso oil pan.

ry%3D400

oil trap door

ry%3D400

Nice low profile. I love Threebond 1211!

ry%3D400

Now it's startin to look like motorvator.

ry%3D400

More to come.....

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Motor is your run of the mill SR20DET. (with spl spices)

Thanks 71!

Mark, I finally got of my lazy arse and got some work done. Funny what a teeny lil screw can cost you. hehe Still need to redo my engine bay, new brake/clutch lines, lots of welding and some crusty rust repair. All done by spring...(we'll see) Should have the motor done by next week then it will be time to move to the tranny/brakes/wiring/paint/interior. hahahaha

yeah, it's that pale yellow. So there's gonna be a huge contrast. I'm so so on the purple part but when it turns greenish/gold, that's what i'm tawkin bout. :P

It was either this or gray.

I still need to give another coat of clear and polish it. Should pop a bit more.

Yup, it's the Dupli Color stuff. Pretty cool kit, I just wish It came in larger cans. I'm all out on just the V cover. I had to order this particular color 'cos its not very common in stores. Mostly you can find the purple/green or ice colors. This one is Gold/Magenta.

BTW ... You ever mess with catalyzed clears before? Think I'm gonna need it seeing that fuel may contact it some time. I hear you have to spray within 6 hours of activation.. Your thoughts Mark?

Yo Mark,

You live in La Mesa right? Is that urethane stuff fuel resistant? I'll be giving you a call. Wait! I don't have your ##.

Yeah im in La mesa. My cell is 619-723-6235. If gas gets on the cover it should hold up, i dont see why it wouldnt.

• 4 months later...