Forum logo

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

East Bay is a small place compared to the WHOLE world. We have members reaching as far as Australia and Malaysia... We win. :lol:

Finally a topic that all the members here will agree on.

i think we should change our logo!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

lol what a jackass. he needs to go hassle a harley davidson forum because their bikes are too similar:rolleyes:

As a graduate with an advertising degree, I will admit they are similar, however due to the differing rat and wrench design, are not the same. What's more important is that our logo always has "ratsun.net" at the bottom, identifying us as in internet group, not a club who gathers at a regular location, specific to a certain city, etc.

I think we're okay. Although, Slam Dat Sun, your point could be made a little less standoffish from the original post. :D Just saying.

Either way, I doubt we're going to be coinciding any events that might conflict with the East Bay mc club, and or the operation of it, or ratsun.net

As a graduate with an advertising degree, I will admit they are similar, however due to the differing rat and wrench design, are not the same. What's more important is that our logo always has "ratsun.net" at the bottom, identifying us as in internet group, not a club who gathers at a regular location, specific to a certain city, etc.

I think we're okay. Although, Slam Dat Sun, your point could be made a little less standoffish from the original post. :D Just saying.

Either way, I doubt we're going to be coinciding any events that might conflict with the East Bay mc club, and or the operation of it, or ratsun.net

Couldn't agree more...they really are not that similar...vaguely at most

I am sorry for my reaction , but if you look at his 1st post it seems kind of threatening and it hit me the wrong way . I would like to apologize to every body about my foul mouth, I used a poor choice of words . So yall please forgive me ! I wasn't trying to offend no one .

I think we have something like 4100 Ratsun members from around the world.

While the logos are vaguely similar, they are not the same. Problems arise when two similar companies try to use the same logo. Say, two copy/print shops try using the same name, or the same logo. Then you run into copyright infringement. Since EBRMC and Ratsun have two totally different functions, one is a motorcycle club, the other an internet forum, AND the logos are markedly different, there is no legal issue. It's when the public becomes confused between two companies (or whatever) and lose business to the other because of the confusion, that it becomes an issue. Since I really doubt that anyone is confusing EBRMC and Ratsun, there isn't a problem.

Even so, there's no reason for anyone here to stoke the fire and piss people off. The last thing we need is for someone in Oakland to have their window busted out because they have a Ratsun sticker on their car. Just because you live far away and it doesn't affect you, we still need to think about the locals in the area.

Edited by yellowdatsun

No, I agree, I had to read it twice to see if it was a confrontational tone, which I don't think it was meant to be. Still was kind of a jackassery comment tho, especially for a first post. If it comes up in future, one of the mods or someone with good verbal and written skills can send the ebrmc an email regarding "can't we all get along" :D

Maybe we can donate a Datsun to get them on the right track! :D

Probably not, just poking a jibe at us, no biggee. If it was serious, it probably would have been written in a more legal vernacular and addressed to the webmaster and been written by the motorcycle club's president or legal designatee. Or something to that effect.

As much as we all have the idea to "sensationalize" it, the days when motorcycle gangs were literally outside the law have come and gone. Today, they're under intense scrutiny from law enforcement. You all remember the Mongols out of California, they got their asses kicked for all sorts of a laundry list of infractions (justifiably so) and their logo is forbidden for anyone to wear.

I looked at the rats motorcycle club website and from what I can tell, they're a bunch of rowdy fun-loving guys. And seriously, take off the biker-style jackets and riding boots and the motorcycles and replace them with Datsuns......wow....scary....kinda like us. :D

Though I don't really care to drink to excess much anymore. Too old. But I have been known to bust a burnout here and there, and I have outrun a cop back when I was young and stupid. In the snow, in a 2wd hardbody, as seen here, though this was in Flagstaff:

truckjump1.jpg

Edited by HRH
Probably not, just poking a jibe at us, no biggee. If it was serious, it probably would have been written in a more legal vernacular and addressed to the webmaster and been written by the motorcycle club's president or legal designatee. Or something to that effect.

As much as we all have the idea to "sensationalize" it, the days when motorcycle gangs were literally outside the law have come and gone. Today, they're under intense scrutiny from law enforcement. You all remember the Mongols out of California, they got their asses kicked for all sorts of a laundry list of infractions (justifiably so) and their logo is forbidden for anyone to wear.

I looked at the rats motorcycle club website and from what I can tell, they're a bunch of rowdy fun-loving guys. And seriously, take off the biker-style jackets and riding boots and the motorcycles and replace them with Datsuns......wow....scary....kinda like us. :D

Though I don't really care to drink to excess much anymore. Too old. But I have been known to bust a burnout here and there, and I have outrun a cop back when I was young and stupid. In the snow, in a 2wd hardbody, as seen here, though this was in Flagstaff:

truckjump1.jpg

Houston we have lift off :lol:

Yeah, he was just joking. Saw something online that halfway resembled something relating to their club, and decided to have a little fun. That's it. Some people took it the wrong way and got hostile. His comment about "You guys are too uptight" is probably the same thing I woulda said. It's funny because that's the same kinda sarcastic humor we throw around here, so it shouldn't come as anything out of the ordinary.

Guess he got more than he bargained for. :lol:

Could not agree more, Matt.

While there are rats 'n wrenches involved, (at least on someone's tattoo) no one who can read can mistake RATSUN.NET for EAST BAY RATS.

You should really consider changing the logo.

Consider it considered.... I think we'll stick with ours as it might be mistaken for yours and could scare off a would be thief. :D

Oh, and welcome to our forum! Every new member gets a free Ratsun.net window sticker.

Edited by datzenmike