vintage datsun swapmeet (Los Angeles)

djmoreron

finally! :D

found this on craigslist

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/car/457014004.html

VINTAGE DATSUN SWAPMEET & CAR SHOW ON OCT 28TH. LOCATION:BEAUTIFUL EAGLE ROCK RECREATION CENTER PARKING LOT.1100 EAGLE VISTA DRIVE CROSS STREET FIGUEROA/134 FWY. VENDORS FOR MORE INFO CALL JOSE AT (323)867-6051. OPENING DOORS AS EARLY AS 7:AM. ROTARY GUYS SEE YOU THERE!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to but my truck is down for the moment, if i can get it up and running ill drive it out, but its nowhere in show condition :blink:. im voulenteering most of my free time this weekend which means no time for fixing/breaking stuff :D. should be fun...

i would like to but my truck is down for the moment, if i can get it up and running ill drive it out, but its nowhere in show condition :blink:. im voulenteering most of my free time this weekend which means no time for fixing/breaking stuff :D. should be fun...

OL Yeller" will be there in the morning, I have to go pick up my Son first..but, we are going to be there.......Where are you gonna be as a volunteer?..maybe I will look YOU up...!

This is why I wish I was down in that area. After September this area (washington) shuts dowm for car events and all that go along with it. No shows, no gatherings, swap meets what have you. But I guess thats what happens when it start to freeze and rains for 30 days straight...Dont get me wrong Love the NW just wish the car stuff would go a bit longer than 4 months a year....

Well Ray and I left about 11 or so..but we got there about 7:45...and there was only 3 prople there then...it got really crowded about 10 or so...and more cars comin in...at the time we left there was nowhere to park anymore cars...was a good day for the show tho..and there were a few guys there sellin stuff..all in all it was good..but, I will bet that they will be thinkin of maybe trin to find a bigger spot soon.....sorry we missed ya...good to see some "Ratsuneers there" tho..............................Phiz: I will PM you after work today....

So were there lots of parts??? Would it be worth My time to drive from Arizona with a trailer to sell stuff there or would I be better off taking a trailer of Datsun parts to Pomona? I forsee someday taking My excess 620 parts to a swapmeet to thin out but keep in mind that I have to leave here either the day before or at the earliest midnight for either one. How about the Long Beach swapmeet? Any of You guys ever go to that one? I believe that it would be mostly early street rod parts, though and not a place Datsun parts would get much attention. By far, for Me and My location, ebay seems like the best place to sell parts, Yes?

dimequarterly (although its mostly 510's) is good too

there are 3-4 regular guys there(from norcal-so around the same distance from the zone), if your bringing truck parts (there are usually a few of them there too) it would be wise to get some exposure that youll be there and what youll have.

its billed as vintage datsun :thumbup:

... I will bet that they will be thinkin of maybe trin to find a bigger spot soon...

:w00t: :thumbsup:

??? someplace where the showoffs could embarass themselves :lol:

Ya know..being right off the Freeway (the southbound off ramp was right there)..seems as tho some of the "boys" decided to see how loud and obnoxtous(sp) they could be...and ya know what? they were!!! And most of the ones makin all the noise and drawin atention to themselves were really the "ratty" lookin ones...(The good lookin 510s and trucks were very quite though...!)...Anyway!..........Mike (Steroid) unless they find a larger venue I don't think it would be to your benefit to drag a trailer full O stuff here.....not enuff interest I would think...Now then, I am wondering though about Pomona..HMMMMMM living this close, I am always there..and see very little Datsun stuff...................I would wonder though that if you could get the word out to the So Cal crowd..Pomona might be worth the drive...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM dunno.. then of course as you said there is always E-Bay.....Hey "Hang"..what time were you there?...sorry I missed ya...WE had Robert (from Riverside), Datrod, Phiz, Myself and son Ray..(Ratsuneers all! LOL

ha, thats funny. my girlfriend immediately assumed that all the 510 guys were showing off, she called them "drifters" :lol: maybe its just a young guy thing...

when is that pomona swap meet?

The next Pomona Swap meet is on Dec 2nd (but there is another one on Jan 13th..usually they are about 6 weeks apart or o...you can go to "Pomonaswapmeet.com to check it out) .................BUT..I seem to think that is the date of the Toys For Tots run at the California speedway...(Robert isn't that correct?)..we talked about geting a group of us together ( Datsun So Cal Guys) to go to that!

Steroid,

I was talking to Mario the guy that puts on the swapmeet. He is working on a new place to hold it, much bigger lot. I don't think you will have much luck at pomona or long beach. Mostly hot rod and V.W. Mario was talkin about all vintage swap. toyota, datsun, mazda, honda. Just like JCCS but a swapmeet.

Steroid,

I was talking to Mario the guy that puts on the swapmeet. He is working on a new place to hold it, much bigger lot. I don't think you will have much luck at pomona or long beach. Mostly hot rod and V.W. Mario was talkin about all vintage swap. toyota, datsun, mazda, honda. Just like JCCS but a swapmeet.

John, that sounds sweet...did he give you any indication as to where when etc...His old place was too small also......and you are very correct about the other "big" swap meets... wonder if we could get "Datsun" into the VW area at Pomona???????????