• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok,

the list:

1969 2000 with solex carbs, b series cam, 8 quart oil pan, 4 into 1 header,

new canvas top, Miata seats recovered, with seat warmers, pannasport 15x6 wheels, Goodyear Eagle GT 195 / 60R15 all season radials.

1974 260Z 2+2 engine rebuilt, five speed tranny swap, toyota four piston calipers on the front, 280ZX disc brakes on the rear, all with stainless steel brake lines, new poly bushings throughout, Tokico struts and springs, waiting on paint and new interior.

2000 Maxima SE for the wife

2001 Nissan Frontier, my work truck

2002 Nissan Sentra SE R, my son's car

1993 Nissan 300 ZX convertable, my daughter's car

1990 Nissan 300ZX na, daughter's first z, sold to her boyfriend at the time, now hubby.

thanks for the welcome everyone, pics to follow when i have more time.

• 1 month later...
Welcome to ratsun. We need more pictures. :D

just found out from an administrator that newbies have to make 10 posts before they are allowed to post pictures. you wouldn't believe how hard i worked trying to get some up. finally gave up, thinking dumb a me didn't know how, only to find out i couldn't. will follow up with pics of my 74 260Z and roadster, for sure when allowed. then get around to the rest of the cars later.

MVC-030S.jpg

my 1974 260 2+2 was purchased from a gentleman that claimed to be the second owner. he purchased the two year old car at the time, from a Nissan / Datsun dealer. and the car had been titled originally to the dealership owner's son. the car was driven for about ten years, and this part seems to be true according to the last inspection sticker still on the windshield. he was involved in a wreck on ice, sliding into the rear of someone, and then having another car hit the z from behind. the man had brand new bumpers, for front and back, still in the Nissan package, and he claimed that the clutch had started slipping, so he parked it in the garage and never fixed it. i also had frame rail damage, and this i didn't know about, but the car has been fixed, and now tracks straight and true. i have had the engine torn down and rebuilt, along with the head, five speed tranny swap, round top S U carb swap with K & N filters, all suspension was dropped, cleaned up and repainted, with new poly bushings, new Tokico struts and lowering springs, a Holley electric fuel pump was installed to replace the manual pump at the engine, new headlight harness relay kit added, and the toyota four piston calliper swap with 300ZX vented rotors on front, and 280ZX disc brakes and rotors at the rear, all with stainless steel brake lines. one day i plan to add a c back to the car, with a Vintage Air unit, where the car could be driven more. i still have to pull the dash, and fix some major cracks that have opened up, also have a tach that needs to be fixed yet, and the car needs new carpet, seat covers, and paint and gaskets for the doors,hatch,and windshield to be complete. the roadster took that money, and the wife gave me much grief for not finishing the z. but i still get it out, and drive it as is, and enjoy it. and one day, it will be finished.

this picture, shows the old wheels that were on the car. after buying Pannasports for the roadster, i took the old wheels and tires that came on it, at purchase, and put them on the z.

MVC-005S-1.jpg

this is my daughter's 1993 300ZX convertable. she is no longer running these wheels that are pictured with it. we still have them, but they started flaking chrome, and she wanted to go back to her original rims. her hubby, who purchased her first z, back when they were dating, has some really nice wheels on his 1990 five speed 300XZ na. and i figure my daughter will talk him out of those wheels before it is over with, to put on her vert.

she has replaced several injectors, and also installed a rebuilt heavy duty auto tranny. this car has been repainted to look like new. she had a new top installed, along with all new gaskets around the top, and windows. and the leather seats were redone also.

we have an agreement that this one comes back here if she ever buys a new z. in the background is our old 1992 Sentra SE with over 400,000 miles on it. that car was totaled and my son who was driving it, now has a 2002 Sentra SE R that i found out in GA. picture of that one to follow next if there is interest.

i have an almost identical family of of datsuns, but mine just aren't as nice!

my family

1977 b210

1974 620 pickup

1998 nissan frontier-work dd

1994 nissan altima-wifes

my son and daughter are just 2-4 years so no newer z cars yet!

looks like a great collection there. you have me beat actually, since two of those cars are really my son's and daughter's rigs. i claim the vert, but handed the title over to her when she married. and my son bought his SE R, so i have no claim to that other than paying insurance. :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

MVC-030S.jpg

my 1974 260 2+2 was purchased from a gentleman that claimed to be the second owner. he purchased the two year old car at the time, from a Nissan / Datsun dealer. and the car had been titled originally to the dealership owner's son. the car was driven for about ten years, and this part seems to be true according to the last inspection sticker still on the windshield. he was involved in a wreck on ice, sliding into the rear of someone, and then having another car hit the z from behind. the man had brand new bumpers, for front and back, still in the Nissan package, and he claimed that the clutch had started slipping, so he parked it in the garage and never fixed it. i also had frame rail damage, and this i didn't know about, but the car has been fixed, and now tracks straight and true. i have had the engine torn down and rebuilt, along with the head, five speed tranny swap, round top S U carb swap with K & N filters, all suspension was dropped, cleaned up and repainted, with new poly bushings, new Tokico struts and lowering springs, a Holley electric fuel pump was installed to replace the manual pump at the engine, new headlight harness relay kit added, and the toyota four piston calliper swap with 300ZX vented rotors on front, and 280ZX disc brakes and rotors at the rear, all with stainless steel brake lines. one day i plan to add a c back to the car, with a Vintage Air unit, where the car could be driven more. i still have to pull the dash, and fix some major cracks that have opened up, also have a tach that needs to be fixed yet, and the car needs new carpet, seat covers, and paint and gaskets for the doors,hatch,and windshield to be complete. the roadster took that money, and the wife gave me much grief for not finishing the z. but i still get it out, and drive it as is, and enjoy it. and one day, it will be finished.

this picture, shows the old wheels that were on the car. after buying Pannasports for the roadster, i took the old wheels and tires that came on it, at purchase, and put them on the z.

*tear* its beautiful this is the one z car i would want here in cali a 74 2+2 i dont know why i just like the 2+2 design more then the typical z car

thanks, i like the body style of the 2+2 better myself. and having one more pre teen at home, i was thinking when i finished this, we would have a back seat for him with seat belts. getting tickets for having your kid buckled up sitting in his mom's lap is no fun. the last time that happened, when i still owned my 1988 300ZX SS, the trooper that wrote the ticket claimed that if he had been laying down in the rear, he wouldn't have pulled me over. does that make any sense? boy i miss that car, wish i had never let it go. :(

• 1 month later...