New to Datsun, but not minis

Hello,

I'm Dana and I am looking for my first Datsun. I have owned mostly Chevy, including several s10s, C10, K5, but its time for a change. I havn't seen many 620s on the road that does the truck any justice. The few that are clean, are weak at the knees <3 to me lol. I am on the search for a 1979 or earlier 620. I havn't worked on one before, but thats why I am here. To learn!

4010850806_0e8b2ea548.jpg

l_6331a90b8d1242df9177a89830ec6f40.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am located in New Braunfels TX, I travel to Fl A LOT and don't mind traveling to pick up a truck.

Thanks for the welcome fellas.

As for the photos, the first one is me, and my first build truck an 87 s10 383 stroker. The second is the old C10, it was a toy lol. I keep a camera around pertty often. I appreciate the kind comments on the photos. Here are some more..:D

3637541023_6a8cd14520.jpg

3637540215_b82fa0bbbe.jpg

3208827454_e42202db77.jpg

l_55abfb9cb3814967951435363ecc7bc3.jpg

Thank You!

As for the Datsun. I am looking for something that needs work. I just want a sound body and frame. No drive train needed, and susp doesn't have to be good. I suck at patching rust spots so I prefer something that does not have much in the means of cancer. I do want an an interior that I can work with, I would like to keep the interior looking as stock as I can. I can bring a trailer and pick it up from pretty much anywhere, but the closer to Tx or Fl the better. Cash for Title deal only please. I am hoping to find something that does not have obvious body work done to it. And I would prefer nothing that has already been cut into.

I will obviously waver from these terms if the right truck for the right price roles my way! :P

Thanks everyone!

Thank You!

As for the Datsun. I am looking for something that needs work. I just want a sound body and frame. No drive train needed, and susp doesn't have to be good. I suck at patching rust spots so I prefer something that does not have much in the means of cancer. I do want an an interior that I can work with, I would like to keep the interior looking as stock as I can. I can bring a trailer and pick it up from pretty much anywhere, but the closer to Tx or Fl the better. Cash for Title deal only please. I am hoping to find something that does not have obvious body work done to it. And I would prefer nothing that has already been cut into.

I will obviously waver from these terms if the right truck for the right price roles my way! :P

Thanks everyone!

look for a 78 or 79 so you dont have to deal with a disc brake swap .

HOly Crap!!!! I love you guys already! lol

The hound is a Bloodhound. He was born and raised around the shop and quarter mile. His name is Charley Beau Warden (CharChar) In this pic he was about six months old I think. He has been my best friend for the past two years. He is a certified SAR hound and LOVES going to work. Sense I just moved to TX about a month ago he is still in Fl with my friend. I used to live on 10 acres and he had the run of the place. But now im in an apt. So hes with her continuing his work as a SAR dog. I miss him dearly. I plan on getting another bloodhound next year when I am capable of having another dog. Sense I'm in Fl all the time I get to see him pretty much every month and I still take him out for session with the group.

Here he is now.. 120lbs of clumsy, drooling, <3 :D

l_14ac0eb61a9546b6a42ebbc119efa325.jpg

l_aee0c6be803c431581091c70cbdb5398.jpg

l_f6fa8e5a66024e04935dfa46120b1812.jpg

Well your inluck.....I just picked up a 79 Datsun tonight Im gonna use as a parts truck for my 74 build.So I have a extra rolling frame and cab.Im in Georgia.

Oww yeah welcome to the board...

I will be in Fl next week! What part of GA are you in? I won't be able to buy it next week (holidays are expensive) But I would love to come look at it and talk with you about it. I can buy it the first of next year.

Edit:

is there a bed???

I am located in New Braunfels TX, I travel to Fl A LOT and don't mind traveling to pick up a truck.

Thanks for the welcome fellas.

As for the photos, the first one is me, and my first build truck an 87 s10 383 stroker. The second is the old C10, it was a toy lol. I keep a camera around pertty often. I appreciate the kind comments on the photos. Here are some more..:D

These guys are some of the biggest photo whores....you cant post anything on here without someone saying pics or it didn't happen.:lol:

Hi Dana , Welcome to ratsun . I use to live in Bandera Texas and I use to go to New braunfels to go to schlitterbahn water park . I love the fact that it is the only water park in Texas that is fed straight out of the river . Oh yeah we raced horses in Bandera at Bandera Downs . I like the S-10 with the 383 stroker , I use to drag race a S-10 with a 383 stroker , 2 speed power glide tranny and a 9" narrowed ford rear end on 10 1/2" slicks . Once again welcome aboard

oh and I bet that dog can tree a coon real good :lol:

Thanks everyone!

Idaho is definantly a drive but if I found the right truck then I would be willing to drive my trailer up there. Im not to worried about it running though, I don't plan on keeping the orig. drive train. I gotta stick to my roots and keep it bowtie :D

As for Char, ya lets say the cat didn't like him much lol. He has the prettiest bay to him. The boys like to get shit faced and play hide and seek with him on the property.. which I need to video tape one day.. nothing like a bunch of country boys runnin from a dog screamin like a girl lol. :rolleyes:

I see 620s all every day. My friend sold his recently and a couple of weeks ago it ended up at Pick 'N' Pull. Engine was shot but it was lowered and had louvred hood and tailgate. A coworker less than a year ago got a 74 longbed for $400, just needed cleaning and tires.

That is one nice hound. Thank you for the pictures.

I had a Black & Tan Coonhound when I was a teenager. He was named Boy. Found him at the river and all he had on his collar was a tag with BOY on it. Looked every where for his owner but never found him/her. That was the smartest dog I ever had. Few years later I got a female redbone pup. I named her Girl. She was a really loyal dog and sh lived a good long life.

I live in the city in a place that would not appreciate a hound dog.

I now have a Great Dane she is almost 10. She is a loyal dog also. Got her at 6 weeks old.

Here is a link To Ratsun Pets.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=10931&highlight=pets